Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: 25NL, playing KK, line check

Raise to $1 first time it gets to you. Failing that, raise to about $6-$7 the second time around. That has the better potential to get the pot heads up and allows you to call BB's all-in with impunity.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait a second, you limped KK UTG+1?

lol.... you do realize thats one of the few hands you are almost obligated to raise in that spot, right?

Don't get cute at NL25. Raise it up and put any shortie resistance all in. Straightforward poker is winning poker (at these levels)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was trying to incorporate some PNL concepts when I limped. If I raise to $1 and get one or 2 callers, I'd have a bad SPR. The table seemed kind of agressive, so I thought there was a reasonable chance there might be a raise. If no-one raised, I could get away from my KK relatively cheap (not get stacked). After I rrsd, I basically thought I would be committed if no A fell on the flop, since now my SPR is low.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:38 PM

I think you want to raise at least the size of the pot, which would put you out closer to $7. With the little raise, you end up pricing everyone in once you get the first call. You really don't want to see the flop 4 ways. Given that the villain is short, you might want to just put him all in. You might get someone frisky behind you over shove to try to take it away. The short stack is never getting away from his hand now that he has 1/2 his stack in and the pot is a nice size. Put him all-in and be done with it.