Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Wilson Turbo - Omaha high

Downloaded Turbo Wilsons Omaha high demo version and started out playing like the omaha-n00b I am. Anyways, I was thinking about how valid u think the advice are.

Anyways, I am sitting with Js 9s 9h 3s and I call in first midposition in a full ring game and everyone limps. Flop comes Qs Ah 8h and there is 7 people on the flop and 3 checks to me when the advice tells me to bet?

It seems to me that I am weak (could very well be totally wrong) and it is stupid to bet into 6 opponents with just and insidedraw and fourthpair.

Could I take most of the advice seriously here?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Wilson Turbo - Omaha high

That would probably be the worst play at this point. Your hand has no value at all. If you hit a 9 it can make someones straight and if you hit a 10 your still getting beat by K-J and with 7 ppl you would at least get a call from 2 or 3. In a full handed game I wouldnt call in mid-pos with that. It doesnt have 4 working cards, the flush draw would be crap and mid pairs like 9s or 10s just get you in trouble full handed out of position.
Never used Wilson turbo but seems like it doesnt know [censored] about omaha.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:46 PM

j993 is a horrible hand. The software is also very stupid. You should check fold.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 PM

You're digging yourself a hole starting to learn omaha this way imo. Scratch the walk through instructional omaha guide and actually study the game. Read hand histories, figure out equity in certain spots, and see how it changes from flop to turn, learn to put the different kind of players on ranges, find various spots that are good to bluff once, twice or all 3 barrels. Figure out what the best way to adapt your game in certain situations (Lag vs Tag players, FR, Short Handed, HU, Limp fests vs 3bet preflop) games). This system you have can't possibly tell you these things, much less teach you. You'll never learn for yourself if you just rely on something else telling you what to do. And for god sakes, just jump in the games and play play play, get a ton of hands in.