Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

Yeah I was wrong about the Shanahan call. He deserved the penalty and I don't know what he was crying about.

I've beaten the Rachunek reversal to death. The last thing I will say about it is that, had they ruled it no goal on the ice, then that call should have remained as well. While I don't believe what he did met the rule, there was no way the replay was sufficient to overturn whatever the call on the ice was.

That's it, I'm done, time to move on to Game 4. The Rangers should keep taking penalties. It's the best way to negate Buffalo's speed.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing unprofessional broadcasts like this makes me appreciate, yet again, how spoiled and lucky we are as Sabre fans to have Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz in the booth.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious. Rick Jeanneret is a laughing stock all over the league. Him and Dave Mishkin are 2 of the worst homers in the league. "Mayday, Mayday".

On a side note, how does Pierre McGuire still get work?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seeing unprofessional broadcasts like this makes me appreciate, yet again, how spoiled and lucky we are as Sabre fans to have Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz in the booth.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious. Rick Jeanneret is a laughing stock all over the league. Him and Dave Mishkin are 2 of the worst homers in the league. "Mayday, Mayday".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, how dare he get excited!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, thank you - crazypsycho, he's one of those guys who doesn't raise his voice when the other team scores. emrick is a true pro - he definitely does. but no, i think it's new york based bias why emrick gets every big call in pro and olympic hockey and rick jeanneret could never get work outside buffalo.

also i've come to like pierre mcguire - he's absurd at the draft, but the 'inside the glass' part of the NBC broadcast is rather unique and works well with Pierre. he's a bit pompous, but aside from that he knows the game fairly well and can explain it fairly well.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, thank you - crazypsycho, he's one of those guys who doesn't raise his voice when the other team scores. emrick is a true pro - he definitely does. but no, i think it's new york based bias why emrick gets every big call in pro and olympic hockey and rick jeanneret could never get work outside buffalo.

also i've come to like pierre mcguire - he's absurd at the draft, but the 'inside the glass' part of the NBC broadcast is rather unique and works well with Pierre. he's a bit pompous, but aside from that he knows the game fairly well and can explain it fairly well.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a casual hockey fan and someone that doesn't know anything about McGuire's history or background, I think he does a solid job in these games.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the fact that he's doesn't get excited for the other team when he's covering the games for Buffalo stations makes him a bad announcer? Whatever. Keep on hating, haters.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So the fact that he's doesn't get excited for the other team when he's covering the games for Buffalo stations makes him a bad announcer? Whatever. Keep on hating, haters.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, yes it does. and the fact that emrick makes someone appreciate jeanneret is also absurd.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:28 PM

I really like Pierre McGuire. I've never seen him on NBC, but he does a good job on TSN. He's a little hyper sometimes, but he really knows his stuff, and explains himself very well.

His radio interviews are fantastic as well. He drops the whole crazy announcer schtick, and talks hockey seriously. I'd be very happy if he took over on Coach's Corner when Cherry retires (dies).
Old 04-30-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like Pierre McGuire. I've never seen him on NBC, but he does a good job on TSN. He's a little hyper sometimes, but he really knows his stuff, and explains himself very well.

His radio interviews are fantastic as well. He drops the whole crazy announcer schtick, and talks hockey seriously. I'd be very happy if he took over on Coach's Corner when Cherry retires (dies).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you're right, when he's not screaming like a maniac, you can really tell that he knows his stuff. However, I just can't take his constant yelling and "Monster this" "Monster that".
Old 04-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Just for fun some audio clips of Mishkin

and as a bonus some fake Mishkin & Jeanerette

I do have to give it Jeanerette he has made some memorable calls.