Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: PokerStars Sunday Million

[ QUOTE ]
Cashed +/- $550 on a $33 buy... I consider 16x buy in pretty durn profitable.

At this point in my development, I considered a win in the million about 1:1 with a trip to mars. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I work toward winning it...someday.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and you will always manage to sat in for $33. I'm sorry, this doesn't apply in general. You're probably better of qualifying then uregistering and keeping the T$. Nice score though.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:09 PM

Freeroll??

Where is this freeroll, or is in an FPP event?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think that tournaments with 5000+ entrants are pretty much crap-shoots.

[/ QUOTE ]

So wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't someone put the math at a good player having an expectation to make the final table 1/500 times in a field that size?

The reason the best players keep making these final tables is because they are good AND they play every single tournament known to man above $100 buyin every single day.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't someone put the math at a good player having an expectation to make the final table 1/500 times in a field that size?

The reason the best players keep making these final tables is because they are good AND they play every single tournament known to man above $100 buyin every single day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Gildwulf. I figured I would be better off using the T$ for say about 6 33.00 tournaments... I wanted to make sure I made the right decision, so I posted here. I am still a bit unsure of what to do.

I do suppose that it would be smarter for me to attempt winning a small-stake satellite for this tournament every week possible. I believe I should either make up my mind to continuously play this tournament, or break up the tournament dollars.

Thank you everyone for your opinions.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Gildwulf. I figured I would be better off using the T$ for say about 6 33.00 tournaments... I wanted to make sure I made the right decision, so I posted here. I am still a bit unsure of what to do.

I do suppose that it would be smarter for me to attempt winning a small-stake satellite for this tournament every week possible. I believe I should either make up my mind to continuously play this tournament, or break up the tournament dollars.

Thank you everyone for your opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the T$ on tournaments you would ordinarily play, not to gamble, don't treat them as any different than you would real money.

Also, gildwulf, the reason good players play these tournaments so frequently is because they are profitable, and the reason they are profitable is because they go deep in these tournaments well more than their share, and final table way more than the average player.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:30 AM

dude, you have a 10k br

wtf is $215? just play the damn thing
Old 10-19-2006, 11:29 AM

With a BR about 1.5K I qualified & unregistered 4 weeks in a row. The only time when I played and cashed was when I won two seats during one week.
Seems the only possible way for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, you have a 10k br

wtf is $215? just play the damn thing

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. However I normally just do 10+1 - 30+3 MTTs.
I figure it would be better to play slightly higher than usual with this money. A few 50s with less than 400 players seems more rational... 215.00 buy in with 6000+ seems like a crap-shoot. I would love to be able to afford playing this tournament every week. It would give me much better chance to make profit.

If you guys have any suggestions of good PokerStars tournaments to play...let me know. I still may play the Sunday Million... but wouldn't playing 50$MTTs with this money be a better idea?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:58 AM

I've been playing about a year, and supporting myself about 6 months. I spend freely, have a new car, and everything I could ask for. My roll started from a 25NL rush on party poker... I turned 25.00 into 1250 in about 6 days while 4 tabling.

I realized at that point that I was free as a bird if I was careful. I have been stuck in small stakes for some time now. Most of my money has come from 10+1, 20+2, and 30+3 MTTs. I have the ability to 8-table with high efficiency...

I consider myself to have great potential. I literally have come up from nothing and am living comfortably with my poker earnings. I believe that my highest potential lies in my NL MTT game. The only reason I am writing all this, is to ask for the advice of more experienced players. I realize that I can always work harder and more efficiently.

This question is for players who support themselves primarily from MTTs: What's the best way to spread my money around online for tournament play? Should I focus on playing massive amounts of multitable-sngs or solely larger mtts? What size min/max buy-ins? What are the best sites for MTTS? Should I re-consider 8tabling full NL ring games of higher limit?

I greatly appreciate all the help I can get. I'm ready to start getting very serious about poker. I am 20yrs old and realize there's no time to waste. It's time to move on from my comfort zone. I'm open to reform my gameplan. Ty E1.
-Reid
Old 10-19-2006, 12:20 PM

If I had a $10k bankroll and was comfortable beating my normal tournaments I would take the shot. FT'ing it would put a whole new perspective on your 'roll.