Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Ask DrewDevil your legal questions

The deposit slip was proof that we paid the deposit. But then the deposit slip was in the name of "Apartment 201"

It just bothers me that because I decided to live there, the old guys are asking me for the money, when if I left, we all would have lost. Its like they just luckboxed it.

So you're just proposing I pay 1 of the guys half of whatever I "gained"? What about the other guy?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:13 AM

I need to get a copy of the deposit slip again, but if I remember correctly, it said that we would be refunded our deposit less the costs to clean/repair it to the way it was when we got there at the completion of the lease (which they never signed)
Old 10-31-2007, 11:15 AM

Also, if I returned the portion of what I gained to my current roommates, so each would assume that the 666 paid by A and B were granted and that we just could pay 333/4 each, would the other guys have a claim to the unjust enrichment? I would prefer to give my roommates a portion of the money, not these guys

Is it unjust enrichment even though I had to go through the trouble of finding new roommates and stuff just because they bailed out on me?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:34 AM

I have a dumb one. What could the villain in Saw be charged with? Is this still murder?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a dumb one. What could the villain in Saw be charged with? Is this still murder?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only saw the first one, but, um... how would it not be murder?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:42 PM

nemui,

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET SUED OVER THIS.

It's only $333.

Stop worrying about it. Give the guy what you feel is right, or don't.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:02 AM

In small claims court. If some of the evidence you need is inside a house you do not have access to, Is there anything you can do to get the evidence? This involves damage to a rental unit.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:35 PM

A friend who is 19, I shall call him C, was along for the ride with 2 other people, also under 21, and they had an unopened six pack in the back seat. They got pulled over for speeding and the police officer saw the cans and asked whose they were. C took the bullet for the his friend and said they belonged to him. He was given a ticket for underage possesion of alcohol. This is the 1st time he has ever need to go to court so he has a clean record. What is his best course of action to get the least amount of punishment? Also is there any charge he should try to avoid at all costs, like the refusing a breathalyzer to avoid gettting a DWI example you gave earlier.

I recommended that he tell the judge he took the alcohol, from a party at the house of someone he did not know, on a dare. Then go with the Im sorry it was stupid will never do it again, I was wrong to except the dare line. This way judge could see it as a form of youth social pressure and might take it easier. Thoughts on line?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:34 PM

If I'm pulled over and I have illegal substances in the car and you think there may be a chance they search you or your car or whatever, should you ever admit to having the illegal substance before? Will it help? Or is it always worth the risk they find nothing and you're free to go.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:44 PM

Drew Devil:

I'm a registered engineer in Massachusetts and yesterday I got this letter from the State Board of Registration:

"Dear Licensee:

The Division of Professional Licensure (DPL) regrets to inform you that your Social Security Number and those of other DPL licensees were inadvertantly included on several computer disks mailed to individuals seeking publicly available information about DPL lincensees. It appears that the disks incluced SSN's as a result of a computer programming error . . ."

It goes on to say they got all the disks back and have affadavits from all individuals except one that they either hadn't yet copied the disks or if they had they are now destroyed. They advised us to put a fraud alert on our credit through a national credit reporting agency.

It appears that this isn't a great cause for concern but I'm obviously still pissed off about it. My question for you is this. Although it appears remote, if I end up the victim of credit fraud in some way shape or manner, would I have a good cause of action against the Commwealth of Massachusetts?