Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 12:13 AM

Default 10/20 commerce hand turn line, please berate my bad flop play too

10/20. Main villains are BB and EP. BB is roughly 3k deep, EP is about 3500 deep, I cover. I am running good and have shown down only solid hands. I got caught bluffing by shoving into EP earlier on the river to double him up but I didn't show my hand (he had AA on AJXAX so he instacalled and tabled his hand). I've been like a slug out of position and pretty active in position but I honestly do not think anyone at the table is particularly aware of that at the moment. EP is tightish but not good, playing fairly passive and predictable postflop. BB seemed okay a few hours earlier when he had 5k in chips in front of him but he has since lost that, rebought for about 3 cash, lost a bunch of it but then doubled it to about 3 again when this hand happened. He seems pretty impatient at this point.

So 4 limps, I complete 33 in sb, BB raises to $120, EP calls, another limper calls, I call.

Flop K73r
I check (I immediately regretted not bet/3betting), BB checks, EP fires out $300, other guy folds, I c/r to $900. BB now calls $900 cold, EP deliberates and calls, he is most certainly not acting and he is drawing dead. BB worries me a bit but at this point I'm giving him credit for AK/KK/AA only here and since EP obviously has a K I would be ecstatic to somehow get my money in against someone, unfortunately I'm not sure what the best way to do it is after a blank comes off on the turn.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: 10/20 commerce hand turn line, please berate my bad flop play too

Bet like another 1000. I think your best plan is to make a smaller bet with the intention of getting it all-in on the river to try to get as much of both players money as possible. If you got set-over-set will that sucks but its the Commerece 10/20, and id never fold or played with a set here in a million years.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:01 AM

i ck turn - makes it looks like you made some b/s c/r on flop once pfr looked disinterested. let bb bet his aa or ak and let moron call etc...
Old 11-18-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i ck turn - makes it looks like you made some b/s c/r on flop once pfr looked disinterested. let bb bet his aa or ak and let moron call etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

i like, v good use of relative position
Old 11-18-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like this at a Commerce 10/20 game. I dont think the other 2 players are aggressive or ballsy enough to bet AK or AA on the turn after being check-raised on the flop and checked to on the turn. The players at the Commerce 10/20 are a lot more passive than the ones your used to playing online at 10/20. And the descripitions of both villains as passive and impatient confirms this.

This would be the correct play against a smarter thinking aggressive player but not against these players.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:51 PM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years

Ya id bet again, prob 1200. I mean the board is so dry, that if you check, all worse is going to check behind you. Maybe if it was heads up you could make a case for checking, but with 2 others in, i think only better hands or some turned two pair will bet. There are no real cards to come off that the range of AA/AK/KK is scared of, so there will be no reason for them to bet. I would be scared of a preflop raise then cold call, but [censored] him if he has kings. Just bet again.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like this at a Commerce 10/20 game. I dont think the other 2 players are aggressive or ballsy enough to bet AK or AA on the turn after being check-raised on the flop and checked to on the turn. The players at the Commerce 10/20 are a lot more passive than the ones your used to playing online at 10/20. And the descripitions of both villains as passive and impatient confirms this.

This would be the correct play against a smarter thinking aggressive player but not against these players.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh yeah i've played there a couple (hundred?) times.

also - if they dont bet turn whatever - i ck river too - and dude is def betting there. the pot's already huge relative to depth, so it's not like we have to get the money in on 3 streets - betting like half pot here is super transparent - even to morons.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:46 PM

whatever you do... don't check
Old 11-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Anybody thinking about what BB has here? He checks and then cold calls a 900 check raise. If he has AA or AK doesn't he lead out on the flop? Warning bells are ringing here, it feels alot like KK. Although I'm guessing that concensus is that you're not folding your set when you're not that deep so it's the cooler. Or does the impatience you mention equate to raising KQ pre flop and then making a loosish call post flop.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:41 PM

THE 3 CHUNK SYSTEM FROM SKLANSKYS NOLIMIT BOOKS IS USED HERE FOR SURE
1000 ON TURN
THEN SHOVE
WHEN HE CALLS WITH KK
GO CHANGE YOUR PANTS