Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 06:05 PM

Default 100/200 HILO REGULAR 5th street super simple I think

5 handed. Villain is very weak at this game and is completely unaware of multiple fundamentally huge mistakes that can be made on many streets. Roc had been playing solid in this game and understands the basic concept of never draw to high only hands so he is either rolled up and couldn't fold it or has like Ad2d in the hole and decided that I was just isolating the weak player.

5 handed, $20 ante/$40 BI.

Club picture BI, 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] folds, villain completes A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I make it 2 bets with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Roc calls 2 cold with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], villain makes it 3 bets, I call

4th:
Villain A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Me: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Roc: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

So villain bets and I raise, Roc folds, villain 3bets, I call.

5th:
Villain A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Me: (2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain bets, I raise, he 3bets. I want to go all in here right?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: 100/200 HILO REGULAR 5th street super simple I think

Yes, he probably has a lonely pair of aces which you're a significantly ahead of. If he has aces up it's probably 50-50.

Also, what do you mean that Roc might be rolled up and couldn't fold it? If he has rolled 9s he should be pushing the action, not folding?

edit: I don't like raising on 4th. If he has a reasonable starting hand you're behind
Old 10-21-2007, 06:32 PM

As soon as I raised 4th I knew I was making a mistake. And by knew I mean was pretty sure. It seems Roc is folding no matter what but if he peels with diamonds I think this might actually be bad for us if we happen to currently be ahead for high?

I'm not really sure what I meant by he should fold rolled up because I'm pretty sure that would be bad in a 3 handed pot where he's almost guaranteed to get half of, especially when the initial completion came from basically a random hand. I'm really tired because I started the game where this hand was played last night at about 9pm and just drove 120 miles home so my sentences are really long and I can't think very well.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:36 PM

You say "HILO REGULAR," so I assume that means not stud8, but no-qualifier.

Assume Aces dead. Give him Ace-little in the hole. You are not as far ahead as if he has Ace-big, and if he catches little, you could be in a world of poo, but you scoop twice as often as him and have a ton of low winners. I'd say you have about 60 percent of the pot. Pour them in.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 PM

yes hilo regular is no qualifier
Old 10-21-2007, 07:10 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was no qualifier. So disregard everything I said. I don't know anything about this game
Old 10-21-2007, 07:13 PM

yeah no qualifier or not he should be playing rolled 9s here because he knows that I know how to play split pot games so he's fully aware that we will jam the other guy in on every single street as long as I have the best low board and we will procure many of his dollars
Old 10-21-2007, 09:12 PM

You are probably like a 55/60-45/40 favorite from my two dimes calculations.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As soon as I raised 4th I knew I was making a mistake. And by knew I mean was pretty sure. It seems Roc is folding no matter what but if he peels with diamonds I think this might actually be bad for us if we happen to currently be ahead for high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you know more about this game than I do, but I can't see how Roc peeling could do much other than help you EV-wise. He would have to catch a suited baby to call 5th and then would not feel happy about it.

Raising against the ace would be bad against a good player, but if he is really terrible (as in might have Q2A in the hole) it might be worth it. That one is up to you; there are many levels of donk.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not really sure what I meant by he should fold rolled up because I'm pretty sure that would be bad in a 3 handed pot where he's almost guaranteed to get half of, especially when the initial completion came from basically a random hand. I'm really tired because I started the game where this hand was played last night at about 9pm and just drove 120 miles home so my sentences are really long and I can't think very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, it happens to the best of us.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:09 PM

The only thing I know about this game is that putting it into the mix was probably the best choice I've made in my entire life.

The player in this hand was bad at this game in the way that he would gladly play any pair to the end, but in this hand it is all but certain that he started with split aces or a good 3 low so on 4th street my raise really is questionable I think.