Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: **Atlanta Braves offseason thread

I ran the analysis of Anderson's batted ball data, and his AAA season was almost exactly the same as his AA season. If he hit the MLB average on BABIP on GB, FB, and LD, his BA would have been .301. Adust the rest of his numbers accordingly. A left handed speedster that hits 60% of his balls on the ground is hardly a bad thing.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Another side benefit, if Anderson runs hot for a couple of months, his value can skyrocket and HE could be the main peice to trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of ignored almost all of your post once I saw you making the same mistakes, but lmfao, I caught this when reading that new post right above me. Dude, I used to think you were a good poster. Now I know you're just another dude I can waste my time on and not take seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your contention? Is it that Josh Anderson can't run hot for three months and look like Juan Pierre or that no GM would pay a big bounty for a $400k Juan Pierre under control for five more years?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 AM

I redid the math to adjust for rounding and factored in Anderson's major league numbers. His 2007 line would translate to .298/.343/.363 if he can mantain his batted ball rates (~13%K, ~6%BB, ~60%GB, ~16%LD, ~24%FB).

It's a new toy, so I ran one up for Richar as well. It came out to .295/.365/.488. His rates were nearly identical in all three stops. The real question is, will he be able to mantain the power? He hit 19 bombs in 587 AB in 2007, and his HR/FB rate was consistent at every spot. The Cell is a pretty good HR environment, so I stand corrected. Richar has a good chance to be an above average regular at 2B and should project at least as good as Uribe offensively, most likely better. This means the defense has to come into play in the Richar vs Uribe debate. It wouldn't be a terrible idea to have Richar be the 4th infielder, effectively backing up 2b, 3b, and ss. He's a left handed batter, and all the other infielders are right handed, so he could easily get 350 PA as a backup.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:26 PM

You must've done something wrong / smoked something a little too hard to come up with an MLB translation for Richar that blows away anything he's ever approached in the minors, either that or I'm way too high to interpret what you said right now.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must've done something wrong / smoked something a little too hard to come up with an MLB translation for Richar that blows away anything he's ever approached in the minors, either that or I'm way too high to interpret what you said right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did something wrong. I've got it into Excell now so I shouldn't be able to [censored] it up anymore. Now Richar looks a lot more reaonable at ..280/.336/.473.

Anderson didn't look quite as funky to me but he was messed up as well. The new line for him would be .272/.320/.343. That's more in line with a 4th OF.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:07 AM

Looks like Shaffer might get a shot at center. So young but so was Druw.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:13 AM

And hopefully a overrated legend in his own mind, stat geek who thinks his opinion is the be all, end all, who never suited up for a game in his life troll, his multi-accounts, his buddies, and his buddies multi-gimmicks dont crap in this thread anymore. Braves fans tyvm.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:15 AM

didn't you ignore me or something?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:27 AM

Whatever you said make sure your multi-accounts, buddies, and buddie's multi-accounts come in here and back you up. Meanwhile I'll try to decide if you're worthy or not to scrape of the bottom of my shoe and unignore your ignorance. Or not. Yeah, probably not.

After that, try to grow some testicles bud. You could use them (PM someone for instrutions).
Old 11-25-2007, 03:36 AM

grow some testicles? uhhh okay.

Teach me how to be a big bad man online. I'm sure you're good at that.

Trust me, there's not a thing I say online that I don't say or would have any problem saying in real life. I'm in So Cal bud. How would a real man handle this? Teach me the ways.