Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 03:39 PM

Default fixed limit sit and gos

Hi All, I'm new to the site. Had a quick question concerning fixed limit sit and gos. Prior to party poker being banned in the states, I used to be quite profitable playing fixed limit sit and gos on their site. I am moving out of the US and will have access to party poker in the near future. I was wondering if the fixed limit sit and gos on party poker still generate decent traffic? I remember it taking about 3-5 minutes to get a tourny going. All other sites I've verified (including poker stars) have almost zero traffic for limit sit and gos.

As a side question, what site do you believe has the best and most active fixed limit tournaments (single and multi-table) in general?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: fixed limit sit and gos

most on this forum do not play fixed limit. you may be bettert served searching in another forum...I would think that most fixed limit sngs are pretty soft though. do people know how to play limit?

as far as sites, pokerstars has always had among the best tournament traffic in general both in STTs and MTTs of both nlh and limit. Im sure you can find games on full tilt and party still also, though.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:54 PM

just wondering, how long does it take to play a fixed limited SNG?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM

You can still find low fixed limit SNGs at Pokerstars. The players are terrible, absolutely terrible. I had something like a 40% ROI after a few hundred. It was not unusual to see at least 2 players with VPIP > 70% as recently as a few months ago.

Unfortunately, it takes a while to fill one up and higher limit buy-ins are rare. The player base is small, so you'll notice the regulars *fast*.

As far as game length, runs about the same as a NL SNG.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:42 PM

thanks for the replys. Any suggestions on a fixed limit forum?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 PM

maybe try small stakes limit on 2p2? if not maybe just google other forums that are more limit-specific, im pretty sure some random cardplayer authors have sites with forums, and a lot of them play limit mainly...just some suggestions, id try browsing if you dont have any luck on here, im just not sure how many people play limit sngs in volume nowadays at all.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:40 PM

Cool...what I don't get is that the traffic on party used to be pretty good for limit sit and gos prior to it being banned in the US. Now it just seems like limit hold'em sngs are dead on every site.