Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: AJo Hit Turn and face renewed agression

k, someone cleared up the stats for me. the first thing i'd like to say is that i think the stat for pre-flop raise is freakishly low considering the vpip. i mean hell, i have a pfr of 5 with a vpip of 15, so i find it unusual for someone to have a pfr less than mine with a vpip double mine. i'm not saying the stat is wrong, i'm just pointing it out For Your Consideration.

considering the low pfr stat I do believe you would have suffered a cooler if he had you beat on the turn, and u shouldnt let it effect your future play. given the information we had, i don't believe it would be correc to assume he had us beat on the turn.

considering the low pfr and sky-high vpip, the best thing to conclude is that he either a) hit a piece of the flop and is chasing a straight and/or flush draw or b) is chasing a straight or flush draw

i'm a bit iffy on that re-raise on the flop. if u didnt hit that jack on the turn, would u have just called down? and that is a scary board. not to mention, the ace of spades is a dangerous card also. but that aside i'll give my input of what to do from the turn

i seriously doubt that UTG, on the turn, has trip jacks beat. AQ or KQ with the ace/king of spades is a very likely hand. AT spades is also another likely card, and on the flop, having either of those two hands gives him justification to cap the bet. i believe that was a loose re-raise on his part on the turn (unless he has us beat, which i don't believe he currently does)

so after his re-raise on the turn i reccommend just calling it down. a spade on the river would be a terrible card, not to mention an Ace, king, T, and i'd even be nervous of another queen (potentially giving him queens over)

so just call it down from there, thats my input