Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 02:31 PM

Default How do you review hands?

Hi

I would like to hear about peoples "best practice" for reviewing hands.

I have pokertracker, pahud and sngwiz. I currently copy the handnumber to a text-file, and the review the hand in sng-wiz. Problem is, I don't have PAHUD-info right there, so I find myself in unknown territories, and have problems putting people on the right range. I could look if up in pokertracker...

What do you guys do?
Old 07-29-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: How do you review hands?

I run mine through SNGwiz and that works well for me. Ive never really tried any other methods but am interested in what others have to say
Old 07-29-2007, 03:50 PM

How to you adjust ranges for opponents in sngwiz, Beattysluck?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:57 PM

>>>How to you adjust ranges for opponents in sngwiz,

SNG should have the HH as long as you haven't deleted it from the HH program file for the site. Click on "analyze a Pokerstar HH on the home page. (or which ever site you play at) click on the HH in the drop down menu and then select a hand. When you get to the detail page for the hand click on the % to call, etc. for that particular opponent in the far right columns. A box will pop up where you can adjust the range.

Zsa Zsa/ Eva
Old 07-30-2007, 05:42 PM

Yes yes, I understand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But in order to set the right range, you have to know it. I have that information available in PAHUD when I play, but not when I review the hand later. In order to get that information again, I have to look it up in Pokertracker, a slow and tedious process.

I often find myself reviewing hands in SngWiz, looking at a situation, recognizing my hand and action, but not being able to remember the rough stats of my opponents, which led me to make the play I did.

It does not matter if pushing any two versus an average agressive big blind is good, if the big blind is in fact not averagely agressive.

I hope you understand my point. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am looking for input on, how others handle this, and what their process for reviewing hands is - to inspire me (and others) to perform a more effecient review.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:58 PM

I think the easiest way would obviously be to review the game in sngwiz right after you play, or have it open at the same time so you can review hands right after they are completed.

If you're just doing a general hand review, there are sometimes situations where if you adjust the other player's ranges the move is only correct with ranges that are just unreasonable. But this doesn't work for marginal decisions.

I also like making notes on exceptionally good/bad players in a spreadsheet so I can remember their names and avoid them or adjust my play. I originally did this because the notes function on full tilt didn't work for me but I find it to be more detailed and a fun exercise to put opponents on ranges/styles.