Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

View Poll Results: What percentage of guys could you beat in a fight?
0-10 37 6.25%
10-20 51 8.61%
20-30 81 13.68%
30-40 58 9.80%
40-50 45 7.60%
50-60 49 8.28%
60-70 70 11.82%
70-80 74 12.50%
80-90 31 5.24%
90-100 35 5.91%
Dunno / Show results 61 10.30%
Voters: 592. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: party vs stars difference

[ QUOTE ]

Prove me wrong, then we can talk. Otherwise your bluff has been called.

[/ QUOTE ]

haahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

ha ha

ha
Old 11-12-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Testing theories is for suckers.

Clearly the problem is far too subtle to be able to test, but obvious enough for players in the know (taps nose) to notice it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It's sublte, obvious to alert players, and it's devastating.

The following covers the period 9/21/07 through yesterday. All hands played LHE short.
[image][/image]

[/ QUOTE ]
you ever stop and think that maybe you're just not very good at poker?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:48 AM

you may have developed some bad habits in your rise to power on party, maybe due to running well at the time (getting away with calls/etc you shouldn't have made but worked out favorably).. then caught up with you when you moved to Stars (didn't help that the competition was stiffer).. and now you're stabilizing because you're finally making corrections to your leaks (bad habits that you had developed).

i say this because i develop bad habits all the time, they creep up on me over the course of a month or two. i'm not exactly sure why they happen.. possible the effects of running good/bad, or not always adjusting quickly enough to an ever changing game dynamic.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 AM

zerosum,

u keep suggesting that pzhon is not in a "calm, logical frame of mind"

All he is asking for is for you to put some money behind your claim which you have yet to do.
if you take 100k hands i'm sure that is a high enough sample size and i'm sure it would be easy to collect these hands and do the analysis (if you have some statistics expertise of course).
Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 AM

aren't all the sites rigged?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:30 AM

OP,

Stars is way harder to win at than Party. I don't have anywhere near your sample on Stars, but Party still has tons of laughably bad players even at $100+ SNGs.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:30 AM

Finally the "omg pokerstars is rigged" claim is put to the test... Mathematical rigour FTW!!

Go pzhon!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 PM

I certainly don't have any definitive proof that pstars is rigged, but I did have a very suspicious thing happen once.

I was in one of the $200 buyin deep stack tourneys a while back where there was a $1000 bounty on a few pros. CrazyCanuck was one of the bounty pros and I happened to be sitting to his left right at the start of the tourney.

About 5 minutes into the event I was dealt KK and raised his bet pre-flop, which he called. I can't remember the exact flow of play but the flop was K-2-10 rainbow or something but he called my raise with what turned out to be A5. The turn was a 3, I went all in (maybe after a raise or two) and he called, needing a 4 to stay alive.

Of course the river was a 4 and I busted.

I guess you could put it down to him thinking I was bluffing, or maybe he put me on a small pair or something, but at the time I was thinking there was no way he could call with a gutshot draw, especially with a bounty on his head.

I've always wondered if there was some kind of shady deal, like, "Don't worry, we'll make sure you don't lose any showdowns in the first 2 hours."
Old 11-12-2007, 02:34 PM

I always had trouble when first started playing on a new site, new players and sometimes new blind structures.

I played 1000+ sngs at pacific and was a 20%+ ROI winner ($10 buyin), then I tried party, lost right away even though that's where I started use PT and HUD. but after 100 games or so, I adjusted and started winning, after around 2000 sngs on party, I was back to 20%+ ROI. Also, this same process repeated when I moved from party to FTP, then FTP to stars. Sometimes I even dropped down to lower limits and still lost. Maybe OP just didn't adjust too well?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:44 PM

I know you are trolling, but otherwise I was just going to suggest instaban for poker is rigged theories in the poker theory forum. And then I've seen that the whole topic got moved to BBV. Well. yeah, everything is rigged enjoy.