Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Sitting out morons

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he's talking about people who are shown as "Sitting Out" in MTTs or SNGs. They still get dealt cards, and they can play them as long as they click "Sit In" before it is their turn to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think this is their strategy then its a pretty big tell so I wouldnt complain about it.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:46 AM

Seems like a good strategy when your semi short stacked in a tournament though. Opponent raises more liberally when you're sitting out and may be pot committed by that point.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:47 AM

The part about them potentially sitting back in just when they have a big hand is something I thought was kind of obvious and people already understood.
The part about it being a strategy though is incorrect.

Sometimes I'm just getting back to my computer from the bathroom or getting some coffee or something. If I see 83o then I just let it auto-fold me while I continue to get settled, open other tables or 2+2 or whatever. I might let it do this for me for 2 or 3 more hands if there's nothing worthwhile.
Obviously if I'm half-way in the door and I see AA then I'm going to be diving for my mouse to click 'sit in' before it auto-folds me. Sometimes I'm not quite fast enough to catch it though. Oh well.

Maybe other people use it as a strategy somehow in that they are trying to induce bets from the players before them and make them think they are away and are 'dead' money. That's pretty risky imo. Because sometimes a round of auto-folding right after someone enters the pot can come around and bite you pretty fast.

So I really doubt it's as much of a strategy and is more likely to be someone getting settled in after a coffee refill.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:00 PM

i think what microbob said is it. IF you come back and have crap hands you can leave it on sitting out until you come back. when you pick up a good hand, you obv want to come back but if you are in position you can wait and see people raise first and then reraise them