Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Hand 2: NYC Live 200/400 vs TheTakeover

Once you call the turn c/r he has to put you on at least a good jack. You're never calling that with spades & 2 raises on a paired board. If he's got the stones/read to try and bluff you off that on the river then good luck to him; i fold there (and i'm a station). He has QQ?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:09 PM

flop/turn combo scream qq or possibly 66 to me, but more likely qq... river bet reinforces that
Old 11-02-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would he ever check sopemthing that makes a full house on the flo [pand the turn, i don't get it

i'd call

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like you just fell into his expert trap.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:55 PM

i'd fold turn with Artful minraise behind me.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:10 PM

Why does noone shove the turn? This is effectively a 200/400 hand... you only have a little over 100 BB's with 45k. There is about 5500 put in preflop, and by the time it gets to you on the turn, 3k + 6k + 16k = 25k + 5500 = 30/31k. Why call? You have AJ, nick probably isn't folding any jack with a worse kicker here... he could have a bunch of draws, and if the river blanks I don't think he bluffs (I seriously doubt nick would put you on a draw, so therefore your turn call = river call, he will shut down IMO). So by calling you are giving him a free shot to beat you if he's semi-bluffing, and I don't see you folding any blank rivers anyways. So where is the value of calling?

Surprised noone has said this, but this is an easy turn shove imo.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does noone shove the turn? This is effectively a 200/400 hand... you only have a little over 100 BB's with 45k. There is about 5500 put in preflop, and by the time it gets to you on the turn, 3k + 6k + 16k = 25k + 5500 = 30/31k. Why call? You have AJ, nick probably isn't folding any jack with a worse kicker here... he could have a bunch of draws, and if the river blanks I don't think he bluffs (I seriously doubt nick would put you on a draw, so therefore your turn call = river call, he will shut down IMO). So by calling you are giving him a free shot to beat you if he's semi-bluffing, and I don't see you folding any blank rivers anyways. So where is the value of calling?

Surprised noone has said this, but this is an easy turn shove imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stacksizes are probably way off in the OP.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
umm, if i called turn id call river. i think i generally fold turn, but once seeing the river i DEFINITELY call. AJ = QT though imo, but id call with both if i called turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2007, 11:37 PM

I feel like i would have a hard time not shoving the turn here. Yah i say shove turn with these stacks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 01:55 AM

i've played a decent amount with artie and if i wanted to play a big pot vs him i'm NEVER checking a hand OOP.
this deep the way to trap artie is to lead into him, maybe even for an oversize bet.
he's way too likely to check back some draw/marginal hand whereas if you lead into him he may decide to just bluff off his whole stack.
esp with him being stuck in the game on a drawy board i think checking QQ oop vs him would be a very suboptimal play.
the only exception to this would be if you have been VERY aggressive and nick can expect you to bet the flop a large % of the time.
however even so it just makes his hand look so strong if he has to CR 2 players that i think he's going to be leading into you guys way more often then he's going to be CR'ing.

i dont like it a whole lot but i'd prolly be stacking off here alot of the time.
that being said i dont think the spade on the river makes his bluffing frequency go up that much because i think spade draws make up a really small % of your range given flop and turn action and nick is prolly pretty sure you aren't full so his river bluffing frequency should be about the same.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Stack sizes

this wasnt clear in the original post...instead of saying Nick bet 37k on river i should have said he put me all in...i only had about 27k left facing the all in river bet...i just said 37k b/c it was vivid in my head what he stuck out there...