Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 05:22 PM

Default ub failing to reply to my emails + very possibly shafting me.

a number of weeks ago i became an affiliate for ub.

a friend of mine who plays highstakes shorthanded plo and nlhe was the first person to register under me.

he used my links, downloaded whatever, and even used my bonus code when creating the account.

he has since played a good bit of poker on ub, from 5-10 nl to 50-100 plo.

when i log into my ub affiliate page, there is no record of him being signed up under me. zero revenue generated, etc etc.

i have since emailed UB's member services about this issue five times over the past three weeks.

i have yet to receive any type of real response on the issue. the only reply i have received has been one email saying "we will forward this to the appropriate place."

any ideas on what to do? any immediate contacts at ub i can get in touch with? feel free to pm me if you cannot post here.

also, are they pretty much going to try to F me out of the revenue that has been generated over the past few weeks by my friends account?

thanks for any help and information.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Re: ub failing to reply to my emails + very possibly shafting me.

Did you sign up via IncomeAccess or UB's in house program?
Old 12-18-2006, 07:28 PM

via the affiliate page on ub.com.

whats the deal?
Old 12-18-2006, 07:34 PM

The player you referred probably had an account with UB from before. Even if a player is allowed to have 3 accounts he can only have one affiliate.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:41 PM

he was not under an affiliate before (we strongly believe). though he has had a ub account in the past.

the fact that they cannot even get in contact with me to discuss this is obviously infuriating.

they can either choose to keep a player that is likely generating 30k to 50k in revenue for them annually by accommodating him (and keeping the bulk of their revenue), or they can lose him entirely, losing both his personal rake, and a highstakes nlhe and plo player in their small player base.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:59 PM

If he signed up on the same computer where he had his previous account, then its likely that even if he didn't have an affiliate, he was cookied directly to UB.

You need to make sure to always create accounts on computers that have been cleaned of software and any other traces of the pokerroom before making new accounts, otherwise there's a good chance the tracking won't go through properly.

I've had this problem before and talked to the affiliate managers, with their permission the player can recreate their account properly without any problems. However, I think that because this is your first player it might seem fishy to them.

Anyways, good luck.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:15 PM

If you email them enough with the players name, UB username, etc and they determine that he is a "new" player and that he did indeed sign up under you (meantion a bonus code if your player used one at sign up), then they can manually add this person to your affiliate report. Typically this takes a few weeks of straight emailing, and then another few weeks before they actually input or update your affiliate account with his stats while he was not tracked under you. Its a somewhat difficult and frustrating process, but we have had success in the past doing this, so it can be done. Best of luck!

Tim
RakeBackDirect
Old 12-19-2006, 06:51 AM

highest,

thanks for the info. he signed up under a clean computer and whatnot, and used my affiliate link and my bonus code.

tim,

thanks a lot as well. i plan to keep emailing them, but the fact they have not given me a single response is pretty annoying.

does anyone have direct contact emails of some people that are affiliate representatives? emailing memberservices isn't working too well.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:29 AM

hang in there OP when it comes to waiting for memeberservices...they usually take several days to respond, though for the last few weeks, it's been much worse, at least one week delay in between like 3 separate emails i sent their way...
Old 12-19-2006, 10:13 AM

The reason for all of this is simple, UB service is awful.