Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-01-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: New York Knicks \'07-\'08 playoffs or Busto thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't get this team.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a bunch of shooting guards that pwn in 1 on 1 basketball but probably don't do [censored] at practice and can't play as a team. they won't be good for at least six years.

what's not to get.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand the individuals on the team and the types of players they have.

i meant more the quit and lose by 50 one night, then fall behind by 17 and rally to win the next.

[/ QUOTE ]

home crowd probably has a lot to do with it
Old 12-01-2007, 04:44 AM

Isiah Thomas probably gives them free tofutti breaks during practice. They want to keep him around.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:45 AM

a big part of me wanted them to lose this game coz of the rumors (not sure how realistic they were) that isiah could have lost his job if the team turned it another lackluster effort....
Old 12-01-2007, 01:34 PM

I started out wanting them to lose, but I admit to enjoying the comeback.

I believe that there is some talent on this team, and some players who are willing to play hard. (I'm intrigued by this Jones guy who I've never seen play notable minutes before.)

But I'm also convinced that Marbury and Curry both are very flawed and cannot be relied upon to play major roles. Curry has been around for a while now (I think this is his seventh year). It's hard to imagine that he will ever be a decent rebounder or adequate defender. And neither of these guys seem to be able to function well within the team concept (though with Marbury, it appears more to be the result of attitude, and with Curry, it appears more to be a function of skills).

I know Marbury is virtually untradeable, but I wonder about Curry. Of course, I'm also sure that Isiah will never trade Curry.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:06 PM

wow, it's hard to believe this is curry's 7th year or so...it didn't seem that long ago he was coming out of HS...

this is actually more disappointing, talking about his work ethic and how he still hasn't bothered to put the effort in to dominate the weaker talent in the East...i disagree wynton, the guy shows up routinely every year out of shape and it seems to take him a while to get into top gear condition-wise and i'm sure his lazy attitude has a lot to do with it imo...his ethic holds his skills back if that makes sense...

i guess i thought he would eventually get the idea, but with a relatively new contract that gives him security, i guess he'll just maintain his lazy ways, whatever, i've already had enough of this guy and doubt he's going to turn it around...

scrubary...lol, i gave up on this guy a long time ago, i was never thrilled with the idea of a scoring PG...history doesn't lie, all his teams blow because there isn't a PG to setup the offense and get good looks for his teammates...

also, his attitude infuriates me, yea the team sux and we're not going anywhere, but that doesn't make it all right to joke around so much at the end of the games or take off when u don't like ur role on the team...whatever, it's all moot, it's gonna be hard to dump this prick, hopefully he breaks his leg and takes a hike...

keep saying it, this team is beyond repairing at this point, it all needs to get blown up at this point, it's not just parts, there's no core, no one to build around (curry would have been ideal, but he's a bum, and lee is not the type)

whatever, another moot point since management doesn't care, dolan has already shown he's an idiot and he picks guys that favor flash over substance
Old 12-01-2007, 06:39 PM

In case anyone's interested:

Eddy Curry career stats

He turns 26 in a few days, but this is his seventh season.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:42 PM

Isn't this team going to be bad until at least 2010? Too bad, I always liked the knicks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 06:44 PM

what a joke, 6'11" and averages 7 boards and 1.1 blocks in his best seasons...

not to mention he doesn't play all that much since he doesn't have the stamina