Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 AM

Default monotone: the wall of sound

Villain seems to be tightening up a bit, played every hand at first but now is becoming more realistic with a 33 VPiP and is highly aggressive postflop. He wouldn't miss getting money in on the flop if he had a flush - he is not the slowplay type. Seems to have a relatively high WtSD and never misses a bet, but is very very passive on the river over a 100 or so hand range.

There are alternate lines on all streets which can be discussed.

Full Tilt Poker $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Hero bets any river, including a diamond.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: monotone: the wall of sound

I think I just call the Turn raise, but the 3-bet can't be terrible.

I like the thought of just calling the Turn raise, and C/C'ing unimproved/ Donk/Calling any Ace or Jack, and Donk/3-betting a river diamond.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I like the thought of just calling the Turn raise, and C/C'ing unimproved/ Donk/Calling any Ace or Jack, and Donk/3-betting a river diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]

downside of this play is my hand is turned over on the river if a diamond hits, but i am open minded.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

downside of this play is my hand is turned over on the river if a diamond hits, but i am open minded.

[/ QUOTE ]

The upside of possibly gaining 1-bet vs no diamond hands, and possibly 3-bets vs good to middling diamonds far outweighs this.

It's fine because you should be donking this river with AJ-no diamond as well when the 4th diamond hits on the river.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:01 AM

I really dont like this turn 3 bet. I cant think of any legit reason to do it against a sd prone opponent.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:07 AM

How about the flop? Back to the turn, considering my line how do you like my river plan?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:12 AM

if you wanted a decent flop to donk against some aggro opponents this might be it. I totally understand going for the c/r, but when you donk they put you on the flush draw or a weak pair most of the time and you may get more action.

that being said nothing wrong with the flop play.

The turn 3-bet is close. He could certainly be making a play with KT, a worse J, or 76. But we are going to get action anyway if he has a lone diamond, and we end up costing ourselves a bet if he has the Q.

what is your plan on the river if a blank hits, b/f? what if a nondiamond K b/f? c/c? what about a non-diamond A T or 9? b/c or b/f?

interesting spot but I think the turn bet is probably good.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you were planning a CR, Perfect.

[ QUOTE ]
Back to the turn, considering my line how do you like my river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine, but I think unimproved you are throwing a bet at Qx no diamond a good portion of the time.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dont like this turn 3 bet. I cant think of any legit reason to do it against a sd prone opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are more altruistic than others. TT must be a very generous person. I would also like to add that I think the turn bet itself is bad.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are more altruistic than others. TT must be a very generous person. I would also like to add that I think the turn bet itself is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't thought about this, you could be right.

It just seems so natural with our draw and our whiffed CR to bet the Turn, I hadn't thought that the board makes it unlikely that our opponents will try and bluff when we bet, and it's hard to think we will get called by worse draws when at least half of our opponents would have bet a decent flush draw on the Flop.

That being said the Turn bet still isn't horrible, just the 3-bet seems soo much worse now.