Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Depositing into a new site

Have not deposited since UIGEA. I want to switch to full tilt or stars. I currently play on bodog. I havent been able to figure out a way to deposit in either site. I really want to get out of Bodog. Somebody help?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Depositing into a new site

You could try http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

Otherwise e-mail support from FTP/Stars figuring out which deposit method would work best for you.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:39 PM

Make sure that you sign up (to FTP in particular) through a reputable rakeback affiliate. If you don't you are forfeiting a lot of money potentially.

Lucky
Old 10-16-2007, 08:54 PM

Hey lucky mf or anyone else, complete newbie here and have a similar question so just tagging along. After browsing this site I just wanted to make sure also of a few things.

I am going to start on Stars but there is no rakeback from what I see. However is there anything else that I need to know of before I am saying "Oh man I wish I had known that before signing up on Stars." I am guessing their point system takes care of itself?

And second question is that epassporte seems to be the best way to get in and out of Stars?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 09:01 PM

ePassporte is probably a great way to go for Stars.

There is nothing to know about Stars as 'Wish I shoulda done this first' other than their $50 100% deposit bonus (1st time only) which isn't really great/amazing, but I guess can be beneficial to a new time micro player.

As for FTP, as said above, definitely get in through rakeback first, you're missing out on tons of dollars even if you only play an hour or two a day/every few days. Amazing how it adds up in a month.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM

Thanks, Jsmith. I guess another question is that would you advise a micro/small stakes NL player to start on Full Tilt (FTP) so that the rakeback can cover a bust?

And I know there are affiliates but do you have a favorite for FTP that is reliable and that you like? Thanks.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:18 PM

Well, to be 2p2 biased, just use one of their sites listed on the site, RakebackNetwork and RakeReduction are listed under the forum listings, so those are just fine.

There really is no 'favorite' for FTP as almost all provide the exact same rakeback and such, there are certain sites that provide you with daily/hourly stats for rakeback, but to me those are unimportant and I can't give you an exact site that does so off the top of my head.

As for which site to start off on, I personally like Stars' interface (Graphics) much better than Full Tilt to start off on anyway. Much plainer, straight forward and such, FTP can be sort of confusing at times (For me). I think it would be a pretty big no brainer to most likely start at Full Tilt if the interface doesn't bother you because of rakeback. If you play $0.10/$0.25 NL or $0.50/$1 limit, you're earning ~$50 a month from rakeback if you play one table for 2 hours a day. If you're a serious player who can play up to 3 tables for say 6 hours a day, you JUMP up to ~$500 a month in rakeback at the same limits. So that's anywhere from $50 - $500 FREE money that you don't get at Stars. I also believe Full Tilt probably has easier/more beatable micro limits for newbies as well.

Sorry, I do like to type/ramble a bit.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Jsmith. I guess another question is that would you advise a micro/small stakes NL player to start on Full Tilt (FTP) so that the rakeback can cover a bust?

And I know there are affiliates but do you have a favorite for FTP that is reliable and that you like? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rakeback does help starting out as it enables you to continue playing without depositing if you are a slight loser.
The advantage of Stars though is that they spread very small stakes came whereas the smallest NL games at FTP are 0.05/0.10 blinds (capped at $3 per hand and uncapped).

Lucky
Old 10-16-2007, 09:31 PM

Thanks to both of you guys. That definitely helped.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also believe Full Tilt probably has easier/more beatable micro limits for newbies as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I've always been told the opposite.