Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Anyone have a good experience meeting a pro at the WSOP?

i met a bunch of pros

some of them even waved at me

http://www.internettexasholdem.com/p...s-vt52203.html
Old 07-21-2007, 03:23 PM

Last Year I met Jonas Philippi ( german poker pro )...
At first he was kind of unfriendly, but then he got drunk and was actually very nice... ( paid for everyones drink )
Also he signed one of his books for me, what i found was very incredible... After that we invited him to join our homegame, turned out to be a bad idea ( he was just to good for us )..
Old 07-21-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a suggestion for anyone whoever happens to be seated next to Annie Duke on first day of a tourney. Sit down, look over at her and say "Hey darling, can you bring me a bottled water next time you come by?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I unfortunately had the pleasure of sitting to her right in one event and all she did was whine about "how bad the donkeys are" all while sitting to where if I ever happened to look slightly to my left her ass crack would be staring me in the face.

For goodness sakes get some clothes that actually fit so I don't throw up all over the table...

On the other hand, I also sat with Shawn Keller, very nice guy, seems to have everything in his head in place (very rare amongst the pro ranks seemingly)

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have called the floor. She called the floor one time on a guys "jingling" jacket.

She's also a self proclaimed cheat. I hate that they even allow her to play the WSOP.

I'd like to apologize to all my fans that I wasn't able to make the WSOP this year due to sucking at poker.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-25-2007, 07:47 AM

Played with JC Tran for the last 1.5 levels of day 1. He was a super nice guy and completely ran the table over which was incredible to watch. I think I finished +5-8K on him, but it sucked having him 3 to my left, I probably opened 10 pots during this time and he obviously called me 9 of these times.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brandon Adams is a nightmare to play and seems like a super nice guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second both of these statements.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a suggestion for anyone whoever happens to be seated next to Annie Duke on first day of a tourney. Sit down, look over at her and say "Hey darling, can you bring me a bottled water next time you come by?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I unfortunately had the pleasure of sitting to her right in one event and all she did was whine about "how bad the donkeys are" all while sitting to where if I ever happened to look slightly to my left her ass crack would be staring me in the face.

For goodness sakes get some clothes that actually fit so I don't throw up all over the table...

On the other hand, I also sat with Shawn Keller, very nice guy, seems to have everything in his head in place (very rare amongst the pro ranks seemingly)

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have called the floor. She called the floor one time on a guys "jingling" jacket.

She's also a self proclaimed cheat. I hate that they even allow her to play the WSOP.

I'd like to apologize to all my fans that I wasn't able to make the WSOP this year due to sucking at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

more info on the bolded section please.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

more info on the bolded section please.

[/ QUOTE ]

LONG Blog post about Annie Duke (sweat), Steve Dannenmann, and Shannon Elizabeth colluding to screw Terrance Chan at Playboy Tournament, Guest appearance by batshit crazy TD Joy Miller
Old 07-25-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I'm not really starstruck by poker pros as everyone else is. However, before Day 1 of the SHOE event, I asked Daniel Negreanu to speak on the phone to one of my friends

[/ QUOTE ]

sure you're not starstruck there slugger?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:48 PM

Hey Emperor, I think this is the first good press I've gotten on site in my whole life!

Its only taken me 5 years baby, but I'm turning it around! =)

Best of Luck,

Shawn "Lightning" Keller