Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Senator Coleman (R-MN) response

Dear Mr. Cxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your opposition to recently passed Internet gambling legislation.

On September 30, 2006, both the House and Senate passed port security legislation to prohibit the use of various forms of payment such as credit cards and checks for unlawful Internet gambling. It is important to note that this legislation does not make Internet gambling illegal but rather seeks to reinforce the prohibition on unlawful Internet gambling.

I had serious reservations about including this legislation in port security legislation. However, once the internet gambling legislation was included, I supported the overall bill because the port security legislation was too important to jeopardize. The President signed this measure into law on October 13, 2006.

Thank you once again for contacting me. If I can be of further assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,
Norm Coleman
United States Senate
Old 11-07-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Senator Coleman (R-MN) response

While I wouldn't say Coleman is on our side by any means, that is the most favorable response we've gotten from a Republican senator. Thanks for posting it.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I wouldn't say Coleman is on our side by any means, that is the most favorable response we've gotten from a Republican senator. Thanks for posting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be another opportunity to have a (D) elected in 2008. Coleman is polling below 50% right now against possible Democrat opponents (including Al Franken), which is often a bad sign for an incumbent.

Rasmussen Poll - Norm Coleman
Old 11-07-2007, 01:38 PM

Al Franken ..... please do not tell me you want to hitch a wagon to his star.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:56 PM

Not at all. Just reporting that he is making a run. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]