Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Let\'s ask Ron Paul supporters to write letters on our behalf

Non-poker playing Ron Paul supporters support our position implicitly. They also seem to have boundless energy and enthusiasm that has only limited outlets. Let's post there sometimes to get them to help us out. I'll bet we could get a whole lot of help from them.

I started a thread at www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=356283&posted=1#post356283. It's gotten a ton of responses, all positive (I did post that picture of Ron Paul with the pros from the Fly-In...didn't hurt, to say the least). The forum is so busy that it's hard for me to keep my thread on the front page. Please comment there, and make sure to vote the thread 5-stars. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Let\'s ask Ron Paul supporters to write letters on our behalf

That and we need to blast Hannity at Fox news with this 'news' of the RP supporters big day since he always dismiss' them a kooks and phantoms.

hannity@foxnews.com

My letter to Hannity:

Ok, I know, you really doubt that Rep. Ron Paul has any 'REAL' supporters.

Please take note that his 'phantom' supporters just raised over FOUR MILLION dollars on Monday, Nov. 5, 2007, an amount only ever exceeded by Kerry the day he won the democratic nomination.

No general primary candidate in history has ever raised that much in one day.

The amazing part, Paul had nothing to do with it, it was his 'phantom' supporters who organized the one day event as a show of support.

The rest of the GOP needs to take note, many of the supporters (there are millions of them) are online poker skill gamers and the midnight passage of the UIGEA by the GOP is now rearing its ugly head and showing them (Ron Paul supports online freedom) what power they possess and that they can influence if a Republican wins the White House and if the GOP regains Congress.

Suppport Internet Freedom and well.......do not support ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS in trade sanctions to the European Union in order to violate our word as given when we signed the WTO Trade agreements.

XXXX XXXXXX
XXXXXX, WV
304-XXX-XXX (if you wish to ACTUALLY talk to an ordinary American).
Old 11-06-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That and we need to blast Hannity at Fox news ....

[/ QUOTE ]

In response to yesterday's fundraisng drive, Hannity has suspended pro-Paul posts on his website.

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=399271
Old 11-06-2007, 12:32 PM

I think today should be aggravate Hannity day.

Also, this is now a semi-headline on FN now, below the impeach Cheney story:
www.foxnews.com

Hannity@foxnews.com

My letter in response to locking the thread:

Wow Hannity, I knew you hated Ron Paul, but going so far as to lock the RP thread on your discussion board.

And I thought you and the GOP were in favor of rights and free speech, I guess not.

And you wonder WHY so many members of the GOP are being pushed away from the party and WHY the GOP continues to slip.

Your actions are a prime example.

In closing, again if you wish to speak to a real, every day American, feel free to call or drop me a line in response.

obg
Old 11-06-2007, 12:41 PM

I might have to drop Hannity a line.

Aside from that, let's all try to post to www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=356283&posted=1#post356283 if you can. It will keep my thread on the front page, and we'll likely get some free letters to Congress out of it.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:48 PM

Will do, have joined and waiting on activation.

Meanwhile, drop Hannity a line or three.

I'm off to lucch with the wife and will check back later.

obg
Old 11-06-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Non-poker playing Ron Paul supporters support our position implicitly. They also seem to have boundless energy and enthusiasm that has only limited outlets. Let's post there sometimes to get them to help us out. I'll bet we could get a whole lot of help from them.

I started a thread at www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=356283&posted=1#post356283. It's gotten a ton of responses, all positive (I did post that picture of Ron Paul with the pros from the Fly-In...didn't hurt, to say the least). The forum is so busy that it's hard for me to keep my thread on the front page. Please comment there, and make sure to vote the thread 5-stars. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on most things but this sounds manipulative to me. If I understand you, right you wish to get RP supporters to write letters in support of our issue, while PPA to the best of my knowledge as not asked there members to support Ron Paul. If PPA has backed Ron Paul I stand corrected, but I have been to there page many times and see nothing that ask members to support Ron Paul through donations or votes.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:02 PM

If we want change, we should be willing to pull the wagon not just jump on for the ride. PPA seems to want to ride the fence on political matters. I really do not understand how we can expect politician to back our views if we are not willing to throw the full support of the organization behind them. Ron Paul is by far the most receptive to our views. This, I think, is an accepted fact. Yet, I do not see links to his page and a donation button on the PPA website. Nor do I see a plea for members to back Paul’s election.

Not sure, what PPA’s stance is on backing political candidates, but it seems they are trying to stay neutral in the whole thing. I think this is a huge mistake as it gives them little influence with politicians who are looking for votes and donations. If I am not mistaken, Paul was the only congressman willing to meet with PPA on their trip to Washington. What does the PPA give him in return? Basically nothing.

If we are not willing to put our vote and money behind the candidate that best represents our view on this issue than what exactly is the point? I find the PPA a dysfunctional organization.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That and we need to blast Hannity at Fox news with this 'news' of the RP supporters big day since he always dismiss' them a kooks and phantoms.

hannity@foxnews.com

My letter to Hannity:

Ok, I know, you really doubt that Rep. Ron Paul has any 'REAL' supporters.

Please take note that his 'phantom' supporters just raised over FOUR MILLION dollars on Monday, Nov. 5, 2007, an amount only ever exceeded by Kerry the day he won the democratic nomination.

No general primary candidate in history has ever raised that much in one day.

The amazing part, Paul had nothing to do with it, it was his 'phantom' supporters who organized the one day event as a show of support.

The rest of the GOP needs to take note, many of the supporters (there are millions of them) are online poker skill gamers and the midnight passage of the UIGEA by the GOP is now rearing its ugly head and showing them (Ron Paul supports online freedom) what power they possess and that they can influence if a Republican wins the White House and if the GOP regains Congress.

Suppport Internet Freedom and well.......do not support ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS in trade sanctions to the European Union in order to violate our word as given when we signed the WTO Trade agreements.

XXXX XXXXXX
XXXXXX, WV
304-XXX-XXX (if you wish to ACTUALLY talk to an ordinary American).

[/ QUOTE ]

The active promotion of Guy Fawkes day was hilarious, Ill give them that. But Hillary raised 6.8 mill in a day before, so she has the record. Quite a lot of new donors as well.

I still oppose hitching our wagon to the RP crowd, vehemently. There are some synergies and areas of agreement, but his supporters get way out of line with spam and annoyance. We want in the mainstream media and I can see news show producers going, oh poker players are just another ragtag bunch of RP nuts, our viewers dont care. Being associated with him and his crowd is a big negative PR wise that will be hard to reverse if you start now. Poker is American, poker is normal, poker is mainstream. Ron Paul does not fit with those statements.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on most things but this sounds manipulative to me. If I understand you, right you wish to get RP supporters to write letters in support of our issue, while PPA to the best of my knowledge as not asked there members to support Ron Paul. If PPA has backed Ron Paul I stand corrected, but I have been to there page many times and see nothing that ask members to support Ron Paul through donations or votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not manipulative. We want them to write because they support our position. PPA doesn't endorse political candidates, so it cannot endorse Ron Paul. My thread on the Ron Paul forum is completely above board. Did you read it?