Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

Sparbot funny, I remember when the Poker academy had their pow wow in Las vegas a few months back. I have never seen so many tight scared players at a no limit table. They even admitted their best bot is very beatable but can be good practice for beginners lol.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:43 AM

I don't know why crazy mike or gehrig or anyone else who suspected this player of being a bot or multi-accounting couldn't have shared their ideas with us earlier.

Now we know a bit more and that a few people in those games have these opinions that some of them are playing freaky-similarly to players like beatme1 and others and I think it's great to get that much of it out there.

I just don't see what harm could have been done if gehrig or crazy mike or anyone else stated several days ago that they had been suspicious of sillysal's play for awhile and found her to be eerily similar to all these other players.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:56 AM

i didnt have any inside info until recently

once i had that i posted what is more or less publicly available information about pokergirl z which corroborates the inside info i have

i dont accuse ppl of things until im pretty [censored] sure

wrt to cenizo and rooster: i'm not accusing them of being bots but i posted their PT screens to hopefully get someone at FT's attention so an investigation can take place
Old 11-04-2007, 01:12 AM

I haven`t seen rooster in more than a month.

Also, WTF with cenizo, daurg, buying in for 3k always at 30 60, rooster I remember back when I saw him several times buying in for 5k at 50 100.

Daurg never came to my table ever, cenizo has come to my table once or twice and once asked me in observer chat if I wanted to play, and rooster came to my table a few times before when he was around.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:13 AM

rooster last played oct 20 unless i missed something while FT was down
Old 11-04-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's very unlikely that these stats in particular came from the same player/bot. If the player's true stat is 65, then after 62K hands they will be within that ~.4 of the 65 95% of the time. It's about a one in ten million event that this player would have a 66 stat. It's virtually impossible for the stat to be 68 over the samples discussed. Of course, this type of analysis assumes things that may not be true such as static game conditions/inability of the bot to adjust. It also assumes that MH or FT didn't round 65.4 to 65 and 65.6 to 66. Even so, I felt it necessary to point out that appearances here maybe deceiving and that it's possible to draw the opposite conclusion from the data then is obvious from just looking at it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an interesting point. It demonstrates how the evidence released so far is an illustration of what FTP knows rather than an actual standalone proof of guilt.

In this specific instance the possible discrepency doesn't matter. FTP has access to the hole cards and will be working at that level. It's not going to be Fred's overall PF stats versus Joe's overall PF stats. It's how does Fred play T6s versus how does Joe play T6s. But naturally they haven't shared that level of detail with us.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:04 AM

here is my question:

so what if 3 accounts had same stats?
I mean maybe the guy wanted RB or something, and then wanted a catchy name, so he signed his family up and had three accounts.

From what I understood, they charged him w/ botting.

Showing those stats is not enough (I should add, some of the stats are waaaay off by like more than 1 point).

That said, it really sounds shade b/c some regs who play called these guys out.

My guess: FT has no interest in screwing ppl over, and only ban ppl if they are fairly confident. There is no way they look at some pointless stats like PFR, VPIP, and close the case.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why don't you ever play 3 handed on wsex... it really weirds me out that when some1 interrupts your hu match with a giant giant fish you won't play 3handed... it honestly makes me wonder if you use some kind of program for hu play. I am not accusing you and sillysal on wsex is a good hu player but the fact you won't play 3 handed ever gives me weird vibes.
Anyways, regardless if you've done nothing wrong, it is ridiculous to have been locked out of your account with no explanation for this long.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to quote my earlier post...
Old 11-04-2007, 04:05 AM

Well the tone of this thread has certainly changed. No more “thieving FTP give sillysal her money back” comments. Perhaps this is a good lesson in allowing investigations to proceed before wading in against an obviously very honest poker site that is determined to weed out cheaters.

There is obviously other damning evidence that we have not seen yet and perhaps never will. Having seen other information it will be interesting to hear from Mike Haven whether he is comfortable with FTP’s decision to confiscate sillysal’s $47K.

I say well played FTP and if new players are looking for a trustworthy site to play and need rakeback you need look no further if you like an honest game.

The only thing I would say at this point is that FTP should post a detailed letter as to what information will or will not be given on a public forum such as this in future. It may stop people asking for information that is never going to be forthcoming. Also, what systems are in place for sillysal to challenge their decision because everybody should have that right.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:38 AM

Well played Fulltilt? I don't think so.
If Sal is cheater (and I am not completely convinced of that yet), what took them so long to catch her. How long did she bot for? It seems to me it went on for a long time if it did happen.
I think I read she has been there for 2 years and she is sitting with 47,000 in her account. What took them so long ot catch her. Badly played Fulltilt. High stakes HU should have been monitored a little closer in order to tell FT how wonderful they are. I would say mediocre job at best.