Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: The New Official FTP Regulars Thread

yea, well i'd love to have a shot at playing him hu again.

as im sure just about anyone would..although he does run like a freaking magician sometimse.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:36 PM

I'm looking to buy a big FTP database, 2/4 to 5/10 (or can also swap for big party db)

Pm me plzzzzz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how do you beat jayden21 heads up?????

i don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

find out what mood he is in...

then adjust.

sometimes he is in a really stupid gambling mood, in that case when I 3bet him with my strong hands I just 3bet to a ridic amount and see how much he will call. I've gotten him to call (at 10/20) a 3bet from 60 to 400 before with xx.

another thing, that i think works against him, if he is the "the mood" is to limp/call more buttons, and to limp/raise more buttons. pretty easy to figure out if he is in the "i like to play big pots oop" cause if he starts raising every time you limp, he's obv in that mood.

this kinda is a weird thing, but it works in the sense that you know he is raising xx most of the time OOP and cbetting, so you can float flops and raise turns, or just riase the flop right away and decide what to do if he calls or 3bets you.

i dont know how much more hu action he will give me, cause i've gotten the best of him for the most part hu, not the case for 6m, but this is the kinda stuff i've tried against him and i think works.

so, to recap, find what mood he is in, and if you need to, start limping more btns as opposed to raising, and mix up your limp/calls limp/folds limp/raises with your standard button raises.

profit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus [censored] christ can you refrain from spelling out exactly how to play vs a specific opponent. Some things ppl have to figure out for themselves
Old 11-20-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

then adjust.

sometimes he is in a really stupid gambling mood, in that case when I 3bet him with my strong hands I just 3bet to a ridic amount and see how much he will call. I've gotten him to call (at 10/20) a 3bet from 60 to 400 before with xx.

another thing, that i think works against him, if he is the "the mood" is to limp/call more buttons, and to limp/raise more buttons. pretty easy to figure out if he is in the "i like to play big pots oop" cause if he starts raising every time you limp, he's obv in that mood.

this kinda is a weird thing, but it works in the sense that you know he is raising xx most of the time OOP and cbetting, so you can float flops and raise turns, or just riase the flop right away and decide what to do if he calls or 3bets you.

i dont know how much more hu action he will give me, cause i've gotten the best of him for the most part hu, not the case for 6m, but this is the kinda stuff i've tried against him and i think works.

so, to recap, find what mood he is in, and if you need to, start limping more btns as opposed to raising, and mix up your limp/calls limp/folds limp/raises with your standard button raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus [censored] christ can you refrain from spelling out exactly how to play vs a specific opponent. Some things ppl have to figure out for themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

not only that, you guys give away all the screen names of the biggest fish publicly. i've never understood this practice at all. if i played HU i wouldn't tell you [censored] about anyone.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

then adjust.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not only that, you guys give away all the screen names of the biggest fish publicly. i've never understood this practice at all. if i played HU i wouldn't tell you [censored] about anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Isn't that the point of this whole thread? Its basically: Lets talk about who is bad on FTP and why. And occasionally say "he's good" if its someone that is decent. Its nice to come in and browse the thread and know who the donks are, but I wish it didn't exist. Browerkid's game has completely changed lately because of this thread imo. I'm sure there are many others who lurk also that are smart enough to just see what people say about them and then adjust.

Mark
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 AM

more to talk about good/decent players tho i have discussed some bad ones before, i won't do it anymore. too many people, mainly the TAGfish lurk at 2p2 and read these threads. it just isn't profitable.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:51 AM

FoldTOcash is a huge fish, and when you see him sitting alone @ a empty table, you should always sit and play HU with him.

definitely someone you should take a shot vs.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

then adjust.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Isn't that the point of this whole thread? Its basically: Lets talk about who is bad on FTP and why. And occasionally say "he's good" if its someone that is decent. Its nice to come in and browse the thread and know who the donks are, but I wish it didn't exist. Browerkid's game has completely changed lately because of this thread imo. I'm sure there are many others who lurk also that are smart enough to just see what people say about them and then adjust.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

right. but giving away names of people to play HU simply seems irresponsible.

i mostly use it now as an i hate reg x y and z but i don't go into why i can beat them or at least why i think i can beat them.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:04 AM

posting a "how to guide" on how to beat a well known fish is just stupid.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

then adjust.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for heads up, the regulars sit at the tables, and the fish choose who they play, they don't want to sit at a table and wait. so it's not like we're fighting to get a seat with him asap.

plus, having an idea how to play someone rather than having to figure it out can provide a decent amount of $ terms of EV.

lastly, if we all help each other out then we can all gain. it's not necessarily at the expense of others. not everyone talks to other people on aim, or uses iirc or irc or whatever it's called.

And if anyone wants to pick apart my game and provide tips to beat me I'm all ears.