Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 07:00 AM

Default Noob to cash games

Ive been playing mainly SnG's for the past year or so, and more seriously over the last 4 months. I play $20 SnG's at an ROI of 17%. I recently decided to play cash, as most people seem to say that this is were the serious money can be made. Even though I was rolled for more I decided to start of at the $50 NL, then moved up to the $100NL. Things were going quite well at first, over $600 up in approx 2000 hands. Unfortunately over the next 10,000 hands im down a couple of hundred and my win rate is -1.27ptbb/100 over a 13000 hand sample. Now I know this is a very small sample but what do you guys think of my stats?

VPIP - 19.5
PFR - 9.36
AF - 2.32

Im not entirely sure were im going wrong or if its just variance. Do you think Im too tight? Not sure if its wise to stick at it or go back to my comfort zone of SnG's, but I would seriously like to crack this cash game. I think my main weakness is getting outplayed on the turn and river.

Any comments greatly appreciated.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Noob to cash games

First off are you playing 6Max or Full Ring?

It's tough to figure out why you are losing, because there could be a number of reasons with regards to your post-flop play. Try checking out this link from the Micro NL Forum Sticky... http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&PHPSESSID=
Old 07-13-2007, 02:29 PM

There's no easy answer. Most likely you have some common sng leaks such as jamming w/tptk which is good in sngs but can be bad in cash games. Thats a great roi for $20 sngs, if you're six tabling you're making some good money. As far as an answer, the only thing you can do is (and I feel like a broken record): read Micro Stakes posts and answer them, post trouble hands, get PT see where you're losing money, then repeat.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:24 AM

I play all 6 max. I have been reading a fair bit of the stuff in the micro and SSNL so I guess its a case of sticking at it and reviewing my play. Thanks guys.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:56 AM

You're not raising enough preflop, for a 19.5 VPIP aim for 15 PFR. No need to get looser, 19.5 VPIP is fine.

Your stats indicate that you're limping a lot, this is bad. From positions other than the blinds you should be raising or folding.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:22 AM

The things iam limping is suitd aces in position with at least 1-2 callers and blinds.
and small pairs 22-55 in early position and against a raise.
AQ and AJs+ in position i call a raise too.
iam running at 20/11/3.
Am i way out of line here?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The things iam limping is suitd aces in position with at least 1-2 callers and blinds.
and small pairs 22-55 in early position and against a raise.
AQ and AJs+ in position i call a raise too.
iam running at 20/11/3.
Am i way out of line here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't sound like you are terribly out of line in any of these cases. Openlimping is not recommended.