Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-25-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: 4/8 2 Pair hand, OOP, Live

I call down here against an unknown, even a fat old female unknown, and I feel dirty about it but it can't be helped. If I had any sort of read I could find a fold. I can think of some players I play with on a regular basis I could fold this to.

NH, sorry she has a four.

Interesting side question, assuming you don't raise AJo pf in this spot, how do you play just TPTK? Are we still calling down or is that an easier turn fold? I would lean towards folding.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if i hit a Jack or 7 i go to war.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, yeah. what do you put her on? if she has a 4(most likely holding) she'll payoff with her boat. most live players have a 4 here a majority of the time. if we weren't getting overlay from the pot to calldown we could probably fold. given that there is additional money to win, we calldown for the occasional time she gets goofy.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The thing is, I'm thinking this is a leak of mine - I pretty much *knew* she had a 4 - are my 4 outs really enough to call? And if I call here, do I really check/call this river UI?

I'm really starting to think I should avoid calling down these games with less than a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to call down a bit more early in a session and save my big laydowns for when I have seen players show down enough hands so that I feel like I have a solid read.

I do like to go to showdown a bit more early in a session out of the belief that the more I make people showdown, the sooner I can make reads that I can exploit, so I might have checked the flop or I might have checked the turn.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to call down a bit more early in a session and save my big laydowns for when I have seen players show down enough hands so that I feel like I have a solid read.

I do like to go to showdown a bit more early in a session out of the belief that the more I make people showdown, the sooner I can make reads that I can exploit, so I might have checked the flop or I might have checked the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good metagame strategy for someone who plays live. I don't see why checking in this hand helps you get to showdown (except you miss value) but good overall idea.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I do like to go to showdown a bit more early in a session out of the belief that the more I make people showdown, the sooner I can make reads that I can exploit

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this general strategy. not checking this flop or turn, but this particular point in quotes.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, yeah. what do you put her on? if she has a 4(most likely holding) she'll payoff with her boat. most live players have a 4 here a majority of the time. if we weren't getting overlay from the pot to calldown we could probably fold. given that there is additional money to win, we calldown for the occasional time she gets goofy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I think I leveled you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
This is a live game, just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when I said calls down, it's calls, but second option is 3bet, not fold. Against a live player it just makes life a lot easier to just call down. I think betting the river is pretty hawt because she'll never check behind with a four, she might check a Jack, and she probably won't raise most fours.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I do like to go to showdown a bit more early in a session out of the belief that the more I make people showdown, the sooner I can make reads that I can exploit

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this general strategy. not checking this flop or turn, but this particular point in quotes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I would have checked the flop or turn, but I would have at least thought about it. I wouldn't check both.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:47 AM

he usllaly have 89 off suit.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I think I leveled you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

doh! nh.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a live game, just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be an obvious question but whats the relevance of this? Is it that online the odds of someone multitabling and just raising a made hand are way more likely?