Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: No aces for me

You should just fold and play like 15% vpip for awhile. Punishment for running bad.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-07-2007, 09:59 PM

I think I'm gonna get quiet Saleem to coach me in the ways of 12/8/1 full ring poker.

I wonder if it's possible for me to fold AJo/KQo UTG, the thought of doing it is really pretty frightening.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:54 PM

This is sort of embarrassing but a few months ago I was running terrible online and feeling like I was getting out of control preflop due to lots of 3-4 handed, so I opened 8 like 50c/1 and 1/2 full ring games and played around 10% vpip for a couple hours. It was a super weird feeling to be so weak tight in the blinds and in early position, and basically never playing suited connectors or small pairs. I lost money over the like 1k hands too but it gave me the feeling of being able to lay down QJs in EP. I never really applied it to my normal game but it was a good experiment for me mentally I think.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-08-2007, 12:38 AM

So I finally got lucky yesterday. Was buried two racks in two downs and climbed back to a 2 rack win. saw a juicy 30 game today, hit n ran it for 2 racks. Left when the live ones busted. Good signs going into the Fall Classic.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm gonna get quiet Saleem to coach me in the ways of 12/8/1 full ring poker.

I wonder if it's possible for me to fold AJo/KQo UTG, the thought of doing it is really pretty frightening.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I always think this. And I feel the same about punishing the limper with any 2 from the button. I usually control myself but seeing someone open limp from the HJ tilts me.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:32 AM

I find that to avoid personal tilt, it's almost always necessary for me to tighten up significantly after making a really bad mistake. Also, when I lose four or five hands in a row, regardless of how well or poorly I played them, I almost always just sit back and wait for a hugely profitable hand before getting involved again.

I believe that pushing too hard when your self-confidence is in a temporary well is increasing your chance of doing something really stupid.

Also it's extremely relaxing to play 9% VPIP poker.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:45 AM

I've hit a new low in my poker career, I just hit and ran a game for a whole 5BB. At least it was 100/200 =/ Step 1: make wheel on 5th street, step 2: sit out

The game looked a lot better when I was sweating it than when I sat and played a few hands.

Also I called for a new setup 4 times on Thursday night. In all the hours I have played live I had only called for setup once before in a game at Ocean's when I received 3 picture cards in like 4 orbits from the same color deck and they all had nail marks in them. At Commerce I kept getting hands with an Ace and they kept having a mark on them in one of the corners. Like I have noticed messed up random cards before that have resulted in having to get a new setup but this is like "wtf marked cards setup please"
Old 10-08-2007, 04:30 AM

I wanted to post this here because:
1. It isn't outrageous enough to post in BBV4L.
2. Most of the times I meet u MSLHEers, none of you ever know what "sup bro" means.
3. What I feared is happening, I have absolutely no time to play/post on 2p2 while full-time recruiting/senior year is going. Just wanted to send a shoutout to you all. Nina, run better. Jeff, play more.
4. The e-mail is mildly entertaining esp. b/c I am one of those MORs who supposedly has a stick shoved up my ass.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:42 AM

That pic is too small... resize plz.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:13 AM

80-160 Borgata and BB is on my case for playing a lot tighter then i play in lower games. I open UTG+2 get called in 5 spots , BB 3 bets, i cap and all call. Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], BB checks i bet, two calls, he raises i 3bet all fold and BB calls. Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB bets i raise he folds...i show 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...
Closed Thread