Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 02:32 PM

Default KK on Flop

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $100.10
BB: $103.50
UTG: $133.91
CO: $100.00
Hero (BTN): $263.72

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $4.00

Flop: ($10.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $17.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $35.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $98.50</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $144.00

No reads on Villain, he is new to the table for about 10 hands. 15/10/1.3

The only hands that pay me off are TT, JJ and QQ are getting more unlikely with his preflop line.
I had the strong suspection to be up against a set.
If i take strong draws into his range i guess iam still behind so i folded.
Is my line weak or standard?
Can i play it any different?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: KK on Flop

absolutely horrible to 3bet/fold KK on a 984 2 toned flop.

/thread
Old 08-06-2007, 02:46 PM

so either 3bet/call a shove
or call his raise and reeval turn?
Old 08-06-2007, 03:08 PM

the 3bet to $35 was weak imo, you prolly allowed him to go ahead and make this move with a huge draw aswell as tt-qq (as you said), as played its gonna be close and its down to a read... with the board as is the reraise should've been $65+, that way you make him make the choice to play it all and thus it will probably eliminate the huge draws and narrow his possible calling range down to tt-qq which you beat or aa/set which you dont but it still makes it more profitable to you. if someone flopped a set here then... you lose. however if you do feel you are so far behind with his possible range of hands then dont even call the $10 and just let it go.

saving $$$ = winning $$$ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 03:32 PM

if you think youre behind then just call his raise and see the turn. If you should never be folding after bet/3betting this flop, ever.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
absolutely horrible to 3bet/fold KK on a 984 2 toned flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. You bet and raised on the flop as if you were trying to get all-in, then folded when he shoved. When he raised the flop, that's when we needed to decide whether we want to get all-in or not. If not, we fold. If so, we reraise (more than $35). There is no reason to reraise to $35 if we plan to fold to a shove, imo.

As to whether or not we want to get all-in with KK on this flop, that can be a tough call. Against a very loose villain (which he seems to be), I think its ok to get it in with this draw-heavy board. But I'm also ok folding with the stack sizes where they are and without a strong read as to whether villain likes to play draws this aggressively.