Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
Would it be possible to include a "note feature"? ..... PT has a notes feature, but the notes dont show up on the actual site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this would be neato!

BTW, PT's notes need to be imported from the site-specific notes file and can be edited in PT and exported again to the note file. Also you can export many stats of a player into the site specific notes file. All that is very useful and I belong to the probably 0.5% users who still do that.

I use the notes, the PT-autorate, the floating gametime window, PAHUD + its pop-up stats. Lol, let's better say I have all those available to be used.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:11 PM

Is bodog supported in the Beta version yet? If not, is there any time table on that?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:54 PM

River stats often have too few hands to make a conclution. Is it possible to see how many hands\situations these % are based on? (not just the total nr of hands on the player)
Old 07-25-2007, 01:43 PM

The two most exciting things here are the flexibility of the reports, which is brilliant, and the possibility of reducing the total number of pieces of software I have to juggle to manage online poker. I <3 the possibility of using one thing to graph, track rackback, provide HUD displays, etc. and would encourage such functionaity (even to the point of table selection) to be high on the feature list as you continue development.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:49 PM

Looking at the players tab, I activated Default and 3/4-bet stats.
In the first row, it shows my stats, beneeth are the other players. While there are the same columns, they are in a different order, which is kinda confusing...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The two most exciting things here are the flexibility of the reports, which is brilliant, and the possibility of reducing the total number of pieces of software I have to juggle to manage online poker. I <3 the possibility of using one thing to graph, track rackback, provide HUD displays, etc. and would encourage such functionaity (even to the point of table selection) to be high on the feature list as you continue development.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on doing this to an extent - I have a plugin model that will allow developers of other functionality to build apps that essentially run within a new tab on the interface. This is still a little ways off but that's the idea. Of course they don't have to do it this way but it does make it easier for the user. Things like Table Selection I'll leave to guys like Mr.Snood and Sixth Sense and deep EV analysis to guys like Poker EV Phil. I'm trying to create a rich framework for next generation tools and of course I'll be building lots of my own as well.

[ QUOTE ]
River stats often have too few hands to make a conclution. Is it possible to see how many hands\situations these % are based on? (not just the total nr of hands on the player)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - they are all there I'm just working on some performance issues related to the tooltips on the grid so they are not being shown right now.

[ QUOTE ]

Is bodog supported in the Beta version yet? If not, is there any time table on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not supported yet and no timeline yet for Bodog. IPoker is coming this week and then after that I'll probably be putting my head down and cranking out lots of HM code. Once things are running along well I'll be spending a good chunk of time dedicated to sites and they only take about 3 or 4 hours to add to the manager using the model I've created for this.

rvg
Old 07-25-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at the players tab, I activated Default and 3/4-bet stats.
In the first row, it shows my stats, beneeth are the other players. While there are the same columns, they are in a different order, which is kinda confusing...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is temporary - real version will have the current selected player always appear as the first row and frozen in place when you scroll. Having some troubles getting this to work the way I want so this was the backup plan.

Columns should be the same and in the same order though... I'll check that out, might be a bug

rvg
Old 07-25-2007, 02:20 PM

Most, this looks AMAZING. A few things in my first 30 mins of use:

* Whenever I make a selection in a pop up window (for example, the Alias box), the program minimizes.

* Importing is going at about 10 hands / sec. Is that normal?

* I often have to switch back and forth between two different import paths (when I'm playing, it is local, when I'm datamining, it's on the network). Is it possible to enter more than one path for import files, and have it scan both? Or, save them and select which one is local?

* Is the auto import from PT working yet? This is my major issue to switching over.

* It looks like Alias settings don't carry over to reports. That is, in the PLAYER reports, I'd like to see all of my aliases grouped together as a single row. Is that possible?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:20 PM

Would it be possible to add a few stats?

Called a 3-bet when in/out of position

Called/folded/raised a continuation bet after calling a 3b in/out of position.

Called/folded/raised a turn continuation bet after calling a 3b and cb in/out of position.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:24 PM

i quoted myself since u might have overlooked it and i still witness those things in the current version:
[ QUOTE ]
i looked through your program and database and noticed that you "cut" partypoker HHs wrong: theres always the "Game #5609898428 starts." and "#Game No : 5609898428" lines at the end of a stored HH, but this stuff actually belongs to the next hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

another thing:
with party poker handhistories you might want to get rid of all ">You have options at Table XYZ.." lines before storing them in your DB!

i had to write my own program to do this on ptrackers existing databases.

[/ QUOTE ]

also the postgres logs still warn:
[ QUOTE ]
2007-07-25 22:29:37 WARNING: nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal at character 63
2007-07-25 22:29:37 HINT: Use the escape string syntax for backslashes, e.g., E'\\'.
2007-07-25 22:23:14 WARNING: nonstandard use of escape in a string literal at character 94
2007-07-25 22:23:14 HINT: Use the escape string syntax for escapes, e.g., E'\r\n'.

[/ QUOTE ]

see http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/s...ompatible.html under "escape_string_warning (boolean)". the default for this setting is "on", so everyone should have these warnings in their log.

FIX:
[ QUOTE ]
Applications that wish to use backslash as escape should be modified to use escape string syntax (E'...'), because the default behavior of ordinary strings will change in a future release for SQL compatibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, the total hands of the report by game buyin (for my screenname) still (slightly) differ from the handcount i get from the players tab when filtering for everyone with >2k hands.

another thing i noticed in the postgres log while importing party HHs is this:
[ QUOTE ]
2007-07-25 22:09:50 ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe4e46b
2007-07-25 22:09:50 HINT: This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".

[/ QUOTE ]