Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: USC 7-1
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.70%
4 2 5.41%
5 1 2.70%
6 5 13.51%
7 9 24.32%
8 6 16.22%
9 6 16.22%
10 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: finally got the phone call!

[ QUOTE ]
unfortunatly they will only be auditing a 3 week time frame where they believe these players were playing in.
(i'm pretty sure most regulars on AP have lost to these guys in a longer time frame then 3 weeks)

[/ QUOTE ]

Chief,

Full disclosure is your best bet...right now.

The only way I see the above-quoted text as being acceptable is:
<ul type="square">[*]It is a very narrowly scoped interim audit to quickly start returning the stolen money to the players that were cheated. Similar to the "initial" initial AP Statement which you signed on 10/21/07.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&amp;fpart=1
[*]It is the commencement of a series of such audits with accompanying full disclosure of the results of same culminating in Absolute's true transparency to the extended poker community.[/list]
tmo

gg
Old 10-24-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Yikes

Wow. Nevermind the players or the police being pissed at them, those guys need to hide from the Mohawks. F_cking up a sweet and legal source of massive income? What's the total rake on any given day?

Wow, I'd be running far and hiding deep, were I a superuser by any name. Kahnewake is only barely safe for cops these days, never mind coked out morons who bite the hand that feeds them.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - the plot thickens

[ QUOTE ]
None of you probably saw this yet, but one of the betting sites hosted by the Mohawks had mob ties

http://www.easterndoor.com/news.php?id=454

see second last paragraph in Globe and Mail article

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/s...al_gam_mostview

Also, the Canadian government doesn't really endorse the Mohawks issuing these "licences" and the Mohawks and the federal gov't have battled many times before. The Oka Crisis was basically a standoff between the band and the government back in the mid 1990's. I think it lasted a few months and some cops were killed in the process. Between the mob story and the Absolute scandal, I'm sure this would make for a good front page story here in Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of boring actually - KGC shuts down mob-linked outfit, and orders investigation of site caught cheating. I thought it was more interesting when they sanctioned that outfit for having the guy run naked through the poker room holding up a sign advertising their poker site.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:01 AM

All,

I was told that there will be another interim statement in a series of several of them, tentatively scheduled for tomorrow morning. This statement contains* several things I haven't been able to talk about** that answers some questions ITT.

*may or may not actually contain, since I'm 0 for 1 on "things I thought were gonna be in statements that weren't"

**the pointspread rumor in the OP muddied things enough that I'm just not bothering to write about anything without corroboration, and while I currently think I know a bunch of stuff, I can't back it up and don't wanna accidentally frame/clear anyone at the moment.

edit: btw, I'm like 90% sure that the OP ITT is mostly crap with the exception of the portrait thing. prediction: now that I've said that, 30 minutes from now I get a phone call confirming that Scott Tom committed the Ramsey murder.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
prediction: now that I've said that, 30 minutes from now I get a phone call confirming that Scott Tom committed the Ramsey murder.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gold
Old 10-24-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
prediction: now that I've said that, 30 minutes from now I get a phone call confirming that Scott Tom committed the Ramsey murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] yeah i'm off the hook
Old 10-24-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: finally got the phone call!

[ QUOTE ]
-He took down my Poker tracker losses from all 3 players and said that he will make sure I am reimbursed all of what I lost plus interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that I would have preferred if he gave me the amount that his records indicated I was cheated, which I would then verify with my pt records. I would've let him act first.

gg
Old 10-24-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Yikes

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Nevermind the players or the police being pissed at them, those guys need to hide from the Mohawks. F_cking up a sweet and legal source of massive income? What's the total rake on any given day?

Wow, I'd be running far and hiding deep, were I a superuser by any name. Kahnewake is only barely safe for cops these days, never mind coked out morons who bite the hand that feeds them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party reports receipts from poker of about $775,000 a day, and they seem maybe three times as large as AP? So the rake at AP might be $250,000 a day, roughly. A bunch of these Mohawks are iron workers, brave enough and tough enough to work on girders a thousand feet in the air. Joe Norton used to do that. I think hiding and praying would be a good idea for the thieves.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:31 AM

I admit I haven't followed everything this weekend. But doesn't it seem more likely to you that Joe Norton owns AP/UB in name only? After the UIGEA and Neteller arrests, anyone with exposure owning a poker site has to be scared crapless. Except for an untouchable Mohawk Indian with a license from Canada.

So some sort of backroom deal is worked out to put Joe Norton's name on it. But just by common sense I'd be really surprised if a single entity from an Indian nation had the means and especially the motivation to purchase something as large as AP/UB outright.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 AM

Absolute needs to release the name of all of the cheating accounts that spokespeople have said existed. At one point one of their people even said there were two we werent aware of iirc.
They need to do it now.
That's a minimal layer of transparency needed immediately as they start the refund process.
Closed Thread