Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: USC 7-1
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.70%
4 2 5.41%
5 1 2.70%
6 5 13.51%
7 9 24.32%
8 6 16.22%
9 6 16.22%
10 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - the plot thickens

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Justin West has some new thoughts about the scandal. He now thinks that there was cheating going on. O RLY?

He still says there was no superuser, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

who the [censored] is this tard anyway?

ive never heard his name before all this

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Scott Tom may also go by the name of Scott Beckley

[/ QUOTE ]

Brent has been involved from the start at AP. Are you sure about this connection? One uses a real name but the other doesn't?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Justin West has some new thoughts about the scandal. He now thinks that there was cheating going on. O RLY?

He still says there was no superuser, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you wonder why??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, he's just an imbecile.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 AM

Why is the likelihood of a 'superuser' account so bizzare to some people? It's one of the basic corner stones of any computer system. Even this board has exactly this heirarchy, (user < moderator < administrator). I've written many programs, and while none of them are security based, I nearly always had a 'superuser' simply for debugging information, like, well I don't know, let's say seeing all the cards at a table. (Mine were engineering programs, but the principle is exactly the same.)
Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 AM

I also can't really think of how he could have made 500k playing cash or tourneys considering I never saw him at any of the higher stakes tables before the last few months. Either way I think he got 500k into his account illegally and I would assume somehow that money was taken illegally from the players. AP needs to come out with the names of these players they know had superuser ability. They have no right to not tell us who they are.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming Joe Norton became the real rather than nominal owner, why didn't he put his own trusted people on site, to protect his interests?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people have no "own trusted people" who are competent for starters.

I'd better stop there for the time being.

gg
Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 AM

reasons one might abandon a successful embezzling plan...

1) no plan to be around the source of the money for much longer.
2) a large amount needed to purchase something or to prove one has access to lots of cash.
3) they are completely retarded.

take your pick. fwiw I don't think #3 excludes the others.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Scott Tom may also go by the name of Scott Beckley

[/ QUOTE ]

Brent has been involved from the start at AP. Are you sure about this connection? One uses a real name but the other doesn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

From a custody hearing case in Montana. Scott is listed as Scott Tom aka Scott Beckley. OTOH, I haven't seen anything stating Brent and Scott are related.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also can't really think of how he could have made 500k playing cash or tourneys considering I never saw him at any of the higher stakes tables before the last few months. Either way I think he got 500k into his account illegally and I would assume somehow that money was taken illegally from the players. AP needs to come out with the names of these players they know had superuser ability. They have no right to not tell us who they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these people are going to jail, so if you reveal names, tipping perps off before the cops have sufficient information to arrest them, then they are going to run for the hills.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know if this is even worth mentioning or if it has anything to do with this stuff, BUT

i can remember at least once when i didn't get my rakeback paid out to me because of "a conflict with my statistics" at UB. i had been paid rakeback multiple times into the same account then all of a sudden, i didn't get it anymore.

my affiliate (which is a major trusted affiliate) and i e-mailed UB multiple times and they just kept saying they didn't know anything about it.

maybe they were skimming $$$ off of small things like that. i can see it being pretty easy to make $7mm doing things like that along w/ playing lower limits and not being so obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hesitate to mention this because it seems so trivial, but I remember the first time I withdrew from AP to neteller. The amount was something like $669.69 and I requested a full withdrawal. the total amount disappeared from my account but only $669 showed up at neteller. The $.69 went mia. At the time i remember thinking that was kinda [censored] of AP but didn't make a big deal over it. (the numbers are made up because I don't remember the actual amounts.)

That's not much, but over time I suppose it would add up.
Closed Thread