Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stephenh
villager 3 75.00%
wolf 0 0%
seer 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics

Here is my best guess of the true story:

Phil is in Thailand and gets in trouble w/ the police. This guy helps him handle the situation. Phil decides he wants to do something involving drugs. Guys tell him sure, and then steals his money. Phil decides to try and have him killed. Guy's wife gets into accident. Guy is very angry and directs it toward Phil. Phil makes money at poker, decides to forget the past. This guys shows up and Phil freaks and runs away.

edit: the idea that they were going to smuggle heroin in artifacts is absurd. much more likely is that Phil thought they were going to do that because he saw this guy get him out of trouble with the police so he thought he was connected or whatever, and this guy was like "This college kid is a [censored] idiot, let me steal his money".

I also think its probably likely that Phil never really intended to have them killed, that he was just talking big since its this guys friend who heard about it.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ phil laak putting hits on people. This story is def not true

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have said before, this forum will not be the final judge. This forum is merely a conduit to inform a wider public. With enough publicity a reporter will be dispatched to Pattaya, Thailand, and the truth will out.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a noble way of saying 'I spread ugly rumours I don't know if are true'. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have way more respect for phil if this is true. Balla.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, he didn't actually *do* the hit. The hit man ripped him off in exactly the same way as his drug dealing partner did. Just another rich American sucker, messing around in stuff that he doesn't understand in the belief that his past privilege is a qualification, then crying like a baby or running like a girl every time he gets confronted on it.

More ballbag than balla, IMO.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:17 AM

My contacts in Thailand have informed me that the original hit man was found dead wearing a grey hoodie.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. Grant admits that he intentionally ripped-off Laak in a heroin smuggling deal and that is precisely why Laak put out the hit on Grant and his wife.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is standard. I agree with Ed Furlong, Laak suddenly isn't looking so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Thailand, I don't know if that's an offense worth a hit. That's an out and out con. And why the hit on the wife? Not really necessary unless she was involved.

And if any of this is true, there's a chance the hitman scammed him on the $15K up front money too. But how do you hire a hitman to kill a hitman? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There are two alternatives if you wanted to get someone in Thailand:

a) You deal with the local mafia. The mafia down there has the kinds of connections it takes to make the police investigation go away. It just gets written off as another farang (Westerner) who must have gotten out of line and got popped.

b) You go to the police and pay them off to trump up some charges on him and turn his life into a living hell. He doesn't even have to know you did it. One day the boys in brown show up at his door and announce he's a suspect in some crime. Cops plant some smack or yaba in his house and he's going to the Bangkok Hilton for the rest of his life.

Totally misplayed on the turn.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:32 AM

The more time that goes by without hard facts, the more the world will believe this is a big whopping load of steaming BS.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:05 AM

FULL STORY AND WEB SITE UPDATE WILL BE DONE BY WEDNESDAY
Old 08-06-2007, 07:10 AM

Any one can ring me any time
Old 08-06-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FULL STORY AND WEB SITE UPDATE WILL BE DONE BY WEDNESDAY

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom, Will this include copies of said "sworn affidavits" or are you stringing us all along, which is more what i would suspect?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any one can ring me any time

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom: You admitted to Bill Rini that the art import-export business you claim you were involved in with Phil Laak was actually a front for heroin smuggling, and that Laak paid to have your wife killed after you ripped him off "because he was such an idiot".

You have also admitted that the professional contract killer that Laak hired was a friend of yours.

It is one thing for a despicable criminal to prey on an innocent family man, but it is quite another for two despicable criminals to prey on each other.

1. If you're the one who ripped off Laak, why did he put out the contract on your wife ? Especially after she had bailed him out with the Thai police when he ran over the Thai kids on his motorcycle.

2. If you willingly entered into an agreement with Laak to smuggle heroin from Thailand into the United States, why should you expect our sympathy for any unfortunate events which befell your family because of it?

Heroin addiction has destroyed many lives and families in the U.S. If you are associated with heroin smuggling and organized crime in Thailand, why should people like me who are opposed to Class A street drugs care about you at all ?

You also have to understand that there are many in the poker world who enjoy Class A street drugs, and even give respect to drug smugglers/dealers and the associated organized crime operations. Do you really expect these people to have sympathy for you ? As far as they're concerned, what happenned to you is just an eye for an eye.

What do you hope to accomplish with your accusations ? Drug dealers are doing terrible things to each other and each other's families every hour of every day here in America. Why should we care about you and your family ?