Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Hypothetical: how much bets on the river against a good opponent?

Question: what is the best board and hand to have on the river against a good opponent that is a skilled hand reader to get the most bets (assuming no cap). Also assume that you are a good handreader and both players know that the other player is a good handreader.

For example: you have AA on a AAKTT board, how much bets could you expect to make from the second nuts (TT)?

It of course depends a bit on the action preflop, flop and turn, but to keep things simple just focus on the river (assume some action preriver, but nothing really huge).

You bet, representing at least a T or KK. He raises representing at least an A. You reraise so you represent something better than an A (AK), he reraises again representing a better hand then AK, you reraise again representing that you beat the only other possible hand that beat AK so now he should just call with TT.

So on this board you would just get 5-bets with quads over quads if the player with TT would play good, agree/disagree?

One what board could you expect to make more bets? Would it ever be correct to go more than 6/7 bets when you are the player with the second nuts?

Disclaimer: I know that I will probably never ever play a hand like this and that most players aren't good handreaders so I would go way more bets.