Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Hands from my way to Robusto - 2NL

Used to play 25NL until I lost my job and had to withdraw my BR to live on. I left $50 in PokerStars for I could build my way back up. I think it's a nice challenge for myself right now. Still looking for a job, hopefully one comes in. Now, onto why you came in the thread and not my personal life.

Hand #1 - Villain is 45/12/5 over 25 Hands. I think I have to get it all in on this flop. I know it's an over-push but if I just call I know I'm not getting anymore value out of this hand if I hit. Would love some info on this one.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG ($5.51)</font>
MP ($1.59)
Button ($0.75)
SB ($2.31)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($6.54)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $0.07, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.08</font>, SB calls $0.08, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.52</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6.46</font>, UTG calls $4.91 (All-In).

Turn: ($11.18) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($11.18) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $11.18

Hand #2 - Villain is 54/6/1 over 60 Hands. This hand almost made me throw up after the Turn and River. I was contemplating on pushing that river card but I decided just to call hoping to boat. I know the river was an easy fold but it was just a sick hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($2.87)
Hero ($5.78)
SB ($6.01)
BB ($3.76)
UTG ($3.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.08, MP calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.31) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, BB folds, MP calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.11) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($2.11) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.52</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.11

I thought I would show ya what I have done in the last 6 days. Will prob be moving up to 5NL by Sunday or Monday. Here are a look at my stats and Graph.

Also, some people would just call this a heater but it really isn't. The two hands above are the only ones out of the 3.8k I had trouble on. I started out just buying in for $2 (100BB) like I normally would at the higher stakes but after the first 200 hands I noticed how bad these guys are and just bought in for $5.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Hands from my way to Robusto - 2NL

Hand one looks good to me, AK is in his range, but i think other worse aces are too, and you cant lay it down once he's 3bet the flop, too much equity from the flush draw. I might fold preflop depending on both other players stats.

Hand two, i'd push the turn i think. AK, AQ are in his range, and i dont mind getting set-over-setted here, especially if he's going to play tricky and call the flop raise. Or maybe he fears the flopped flush? Its ugly but i dont think i'd let it go. As played, on the river, we might be good one in 5, but i'm really not sure
Old 09-08-2007, 01:05 PM

hand one, people always think that with top pair and flush draw that they are way ahead no matter what. Look at this guy's numbers he is only raising 12% of his hands. You should be folding this hand preflop if you didn't flop two diamonds and only hit the ace you wouldn't know what to do with this hand. As played I don't think its horrible but it is going to induce a lot of variance playing like this.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:20 PM

I agree, preflop is meh, but if he's the type to let you draw free/cheap when he misses or stack off light, then i dont think its terrible, especially 250 bbs deep. Okay, so if he's raising 12% of his hands overall, lets say he's raising a considerably tighter range utg, maybe 5% of his hands (which isnt even necessarily true), theres still alot in that range (99+,AJs+,AQo+,KQs) that he would cbet. Would you just call the flop?
Old 09-08-2007, 01:48 PM

1) Floppush is really bad... It fold out muchs hands which might pay you off. I'd call his min-3bet (and call any turn bet).
2) Raise flop more. 0.6$ is potsize.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:54 PM

Hand one looks great, TP with NFD I'd say that was perfect getting it in like that, but hand two was totally sick. Its already a bad flop making trips not so strong, but if you decided he didnt have straight/flush you should've made your move on the turn.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:58 PM

I actually think hand one is pretty bad. Calling a raise with A7s out of the bb seems like spew, and not something an 18/13 would usually do. When he 3 bets the flop you are well behind his range but you do have odds to draw. I would just call his original bet, because he's probably going to pay you off if you hit. They usually do at this level.

Out of curiosity, you now have 93.46 and are moving to .02/.05 where the max buy in is 10.00, 9 buyins is doable but any sort of variance will force you to move back down. Alternatively, you could just buyin for 5 or 6 i guess.

Caveat: I am a bankroll nit. I started in February with 3.00 in my account at .01/.02 and just moved to .05/.10 with $300. Only 17k hands, full time job, wife kids, etc.
good luck
Old 09-08-2007, 02:15 PM

Very nice graph and stats. Mine arent quite as nice, but I am doing something similar on Stars.

I just started with $10 at Stars recently. I decided to try and go robusto with it and forget my normal BR Management system (30+ before I take a shot on Full Tilt). This is obviously not my main poker account, so the fear of going busto here is minimal. This is my late night, after I got tilted at FT account. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I only play a couple hundred hands a day at Stars.

Started 4 tablin nl2 with $2 BI's and went robusto to ~$30. Then broke even for a bit, decided to 4-table nl5 with $6 BI's. Started goin robusto again. Then I was lucky to get another $25 + $35 +$5 donations from card/table mods.

I am going to stick to a 10+ BI rule now. I just cracked $110 BR, so I am almost ready to move up to NL10.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:56 PM

hmm, I dont understand how we can not raise the flop. Are we really not ahead of his range before the 3bet? I guess if we have a read that he makes weak value bets with big hands, sure, flat call the 8 cents. I dont see how we can just call the 3bet though, it leaves us with 4.75 behind in a 1.25 pot. If the turn blanks and he pots it, dont we have to be damn sure he'll call our river shove if the diamond hits in order to call? I feel like that would be a really tansparent play.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:22 PM

I call in the BB b/c SB called and it's 3:1 with a nice draw. Also, the Raiser and SB have nice stacks and with the right flop I can take it from them. I was only going to stack off with 2pair/flush. I get top pair with NFD which is better then 2pair IMO.