Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you add to your tip after your co-victor out-tipped you?
Yes 2 4.08%
No 47 95.92%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August**

dero is that the girl from the zepherelli romeo and juliet~?
Old 08-11-2007, 08:43 PM

Vent: I efhb sphucvqspvx
Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 PM

Vent Cont. Due to misclick: qifbwpuhcvwpvucpswcs [censored] [censored] stars no one has a hand when i have it and when i do they crush dwvdibfpvfdyvfpevfpdvscpadwvcsm me aaaaaaaaaaaah.

Lost 14 buyins in the last 24 hours and check poker ev. I think only 3 were cause i was a tilt monkeying bafoon. WORST STRETCH EVER...eofindwihyfvwvpwgvfpwvf [censored] [censored] [censored] /Vent
Old 08-11-2007, 09:02 PM

This means I'm running bad, right?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This means I'm running bad, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

it means you're folding a lot
Old 08-11-2007, 09:07 PM

Thats what I'm concerned about.

I moved up to 100NL and the average AF is much higher than 50NL. I feel like I'm getting abused by regs.

But there's some nasty stuff in there for sure.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't it usually done by agreeing a number of hands to be played and then sharing his winnings either that or agreeing that he plays til he has won a certain amount enabling him to have a roll of his own ... and you skim his winnings in the meantime. (Tho if he loses it all, then it is your loss)

[/ QUOTE ]
I have someone staking me at nl50 for $300. He gets $300 when I reach $900 (half of the profits) and another $300 when I reach $1200 (again half the profits; $1500 with the first $300 counted in). Then I'm on my own.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:11 PM

I think something clicked for me...it might be my recent discovery of the "Fold" button. Regardless, great session today. Plus got $20 of my bonus released, so I'm well on track for my biggest winning day so far! Lol @ 71% Won @ SD...I'm either running real good or folding too much, but it seems to be working regardless.

Biggest pots:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $29.70
BB: $28.50
Hero (UTG): $25.00
MP: $25.30
CO: $2.60
BTN: $28.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.85, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($3.40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $2.00, BB folds

Turn: ($7.40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, SB calls $4.00

River: ($15.40) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $18.15</font>, SB calls $18.15

Pot Size: $51.70 ($2.55 Rake)

SB had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ([Js Jc] a full house, Eights full of Jacks) and LOST (-$25.00)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Eights full of Aces) and WON (+$24.15)

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $28.80
BB: $42.90
UTG: $45.75
MP: $33.50
Hero (CO): $38.45
BTN: $27.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $0.85, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.05) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.05) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

River: ($13.05) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $13.05</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $32.10</font>, UTG calls $19.05

Pot Size: $77.25 ($3 Rake)

UTG had Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$38.45)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON (+$35.80)

Was pretty unsure of what to do on the turn...I figured the board was so dry that it would have been fairly pointless since he's not folding top pair on basically a brick turn. Reasonable or should I have raised?
Old 08-11-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was considering maybe giving Heads Up SNG's a shot - I have looked in the HU forum, but can't seem to find much info for HU beginners. Does anyone have any good posts to look at?

[/ QUOTE ]I can give you some advice on the micro HU SNG's, the HU forum is definitely for higher stakes. IMO early you need to find out what you are up against. I limp OTB often at the start just to see how they respond, most opponents are so incredibly bad you can get a good feel for how long the match will last within 10 hands (assuming it lasts this long). You can also start out raising but this makes them play faster and increases variance quite a bit. If you get past level one, or whenever you have a solid read you need to open up accordingly or sometimes fold more. The best strategy is really to have none, just play what feels right against that player--this is biggest difference from 6max IMO.

Most of them take under 40 hands, it's rare to go beyond level 3... majority end on level 1. If I believe I am in control of the match and have a chip lead I try play small ball and chip away, get a feel for how often they are bluffing and how thin you can value bet.

The game is really opponent specific. In my experience at the $5 level most want to see a flop and cannot ever get away from middle pair, they will stack off with it frequently. Play big hands fast. Fold rags OTB, they automatically think this means weak/tight. Don't inflate the pot out of position, I c/c OOP more and c/r with air every now and then (when it makes sense) just to keep them guessing. A good number of opponents do figure out they are being outplayed and start open shoving, it's easy to get it in with the best of it now you just need to have it hold up.

Etc, etc. I like head's up a lot.

Just won another one that went exactly like this but went on 73 hands... here are a few key hands:

<font color="blue">Hand #10. First 9 hands were either taken PF, c/f flop or b/f. I thought my hand was good on turn but typical players will represent a deuce here when you check. River was irrelevent, maybe folding to a spade but calling all else. What he has here will help me put the puzzle together.</font>
Hero (t1470)
Button (t1530)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Button calls t10, Hero checks.

Flop: (t40) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t30</font>, Button calls t30.

Turn: (t100) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t40</font>, Hero calls t40.

River: (t180) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100.

Final Pot: t380

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ts 3h (two pair, tens and twos).
Button has 6s Qs (one pair, twos).
Outcome: Hero wins t380. </font>

<font color="blue">Hand #16: Nothing since 10. My read is now that he will float and bet when checked to, will call with no hand and no draw. Ace rag is raise sometimes, check others in BB. I'm still trying to figure him out, playing smallball. River is possible value bet but I think he will bet if I check. He called flop/turn with nut low and didn't bluff river. This will be a fun match.</font>
Hero (t1650)
Button (t1350)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Button calls t10, Hero checks.

Flop: (t40) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t30</font>, Button calls t30.

Turn: (t100) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t60</font>, Button calls t60.

River: (t220) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: t220

Hero has Ah 4h (two pair, aces and eights).
Button has 3c 2c (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins t220. </font>

<font color="blue">Hand #27: I made a silly play a few hands between and won medium pot, bluffed river with ten high. He raises/limps about 30/70. I believe he 3bet once before and I folded, this time I want to see flop and see what happens. TPGK is a monster HU, I'm not folding this but sometimes I will call the flop, I figured he would call shove.</font>
Hero (t1860)
BB (t1140)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t200</font>, Hero calls t140.

Flop: (t400) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t260</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1660</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: t920

<font color="blue">Hand #31. He moved in PF three hands in a row. I called PF to induce a push and fold, because that's what I want him to do with this stack sizes. Still first level, t10 is worthless. I used a bit of my timebank on flop because AA/QQ/JJ is possible here, he would have shoved all other pairs PF along with Kx+ IMO. Kind of surprised he had an Ace here, thought I'd be up against hand like 96o.</font>
Hero (t2290)
BB (t710)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls t10, BB checks.

Flop: (t40) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t690 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t690.

Turn: (t1420) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1420) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1420

BB has 2c Ah (straight, five high).
Hero has Ts 3s (two pair, kings and threes).
Outcome: BB wins t1420. </font>

He stopped shoving after that and got to level two, I again developed a 2:1 lead and he pushed two pair on river into my straight. Game over. Don't let suckouts bother you, just chip away again.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:17 PM

Just a small PSA for all you fellas struggling here in uNL:

- Contain/Eliminate your tilt. I understand that it's "cool" to be one of the crowd (ie. oohh look at me I run bad etc), but man, if you guys could control your tilt, you'd be making some serious money up in SSNL. Yeah, it sucks to get drawn out on, but you know what, just get it back. Make it a challenge to yourself to not tilt. It's ok to get upset/angry/pissed etc. Just do so at the computer you're sitting at, NOT IN THE GAMES YOU'RE SITTING IN! Get yourself a little squish ball or the ilk and throw it at the monkey who just sucked out. Use that as your "tilt" outlet. Just do NOT let it affect your play!

I'd rather be invisible at SSNL than a superstar in uNL....
Closed Thread