Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Have you had your wisdom teeth out yet?

[ QUOTE ]
I have put it off for over a year. I actually have a cavity on one, so I should either get them removed for fix the cavity.

Question: What is the worse case scenario of not having them removed?

[/ QUOTE ]

No joke but it is very dangerous to leave them in there if they need to be out... they can become infected and the infection obviously goes into your blood stream very quickly since its in your mouth. Can cause a heart attack etc.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 PM

I had all of mine removed a couple of years ago (was 24 at the time). It was really not bad at all. They knocked me out and even after I woke up I was pretty doped the rest of the day.

It was a good opportunity to take 3 days off work and lay on the couch and eat pain pills. I had a little bleeding and a little swelling but really no pain. Just keep your mouf clean until it heals.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:57 PM

Had all 4 pulled out at the same time. Only used Nitrous (love that stuff!) was given wonderful liquid codeine for the weekend, was stoned the entire 3 days then back to work.

T
EDIT: Um, what Drew said. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 PM

I had mine removed when I was 17, only novacaine, didn't really swell up much, traveled the day after surgery and didn't feel much pain, just a slight soreness. Man up, nancy.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:01 PM

I don't have any because I'm genetically advanced.

Suck it, suckas!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:02 PM

I'm getting mine now next month. Yay.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:03 PM

Had mine removed at 18, zero problems. Just make sure you do exactly what the dentist tells you.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:07 PM

If you can afford it, go to an oral surgeon who will knock you out to do it. That's what I did (about 30 years ago) and it really wasn't too bad. I went on a hike about 2 or 3 days after, as I recall, and enjoyed the pain pills they gave me, which I really didn't need all that bad.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got mine out when I was 17.

Opted for the gas, so I was completely out from start to finish.

Doctor sent me home with like 4 different drugs for swelling and pain. took some of the swelling ones, but didn't need any pain ones.

i had no visible swelling and went out the next day. the only hassle was when you get a little bit of food stuck in there it can be a pain to flush it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was my experience too. I had one dry socket, but they just stuffed some gauze soaked in clove oil into the area, and it ended up healing just fine. Just tasted horrible for a few days.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still have mine. I'm 33. Dentist said they should come out before the grow in when I was 17. I said no. Glad I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have mine in, which should be coming out in the spring of next year (I'm holding off as long as I can). But the hell I've gone thru with these badboys still in is indescribable. I get constant infections from the points of the upper back molars create sores thru the gum right above a wisdom tooth. Just recently I went to my Dentist who shaved back one of the points that was causing most of the sores and haven't had an infection since *knock on wood*.

I compare the infection pain to labor pains... Except that whenever you swallow, move your tongue, talk, anything that involves your mouth is extremely painful. Labor pains, went away for a couple mins atleast (and then obv, they drug you, but that's besides the point). This last bout of pain was the worst I'd ever experienced. I even had leftover antibiotics to combat it when I first felt it spring up, but MY GOD!!! I really wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. I couldn't talk, and I lost over 5 lbs that week cuz I couldn't eat.