Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Adjusting to a bad streak.

I have been running bad the last week. Fortunately, I have broke pretty close to even. I am not playing particualarly bad, although I have made my share of mistakes.

During this streak I have been getting good not great starting cards like AK,AQ,TT,99 etc. but continually missing the flop.

Here is the situation: I raise from HJ with AK and both blinds call. They are both loose calling stations. They both know that I have been raising a lot but not winning a lot. They see me bet the flop, turn, and check the river and show me their pair of twos or bottom pair or whatever. They see my frustrated look and somebody at the table shouts "AK no good".

These same two players have seen me check and fold after the flop completely missed me. They have seen me bet and fold when I have absolutely nothing and get raised. In other words they know that I am running bad and probably have nothing or exactly what they put me on "AK".

When It is heads up or I am up against two players like the blinds I will always bet the flop and pretty much always bet the turn after they have called me. This assumes a nonscary board like: Jd7h5s. When I am running well These bets are for value. But when I am running bad it just seems that I am donating to those convinced and correct that I have nothing.

I am curious what strategic adjustments you guys make in this situation if any?

Do you just play your normal game and hope to start hitting some flops and know they will be paying you off?

Do you perhaps revert to a "fit or fold" strategy maybe checking it down when you have missed again?

Perhaps when I completely miss like: Q85 board and I have AT I should just give up or hope to get to showdown.

Lets assume that I have no reads other than I am up against the blinds who are loose and will be calling me down with any made hand.

Is it time to leave or change tables if in the first couple hours I can't hit a flop even if the game is good?