Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Any1 have a good freeroll schedule

Ya I'm gonna start from scratch and build myself a roll. Please post the best reccuring freerols and which site/times they are played at.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Any1 have a good freeroll schedule

Playing on PokerStars, most freerolls are so prohibitive to win enough consistantly to get you started. You may consider making a minimim deposit & start at $1.20 SNGs or 2NL to build a roll.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Go to Railbirds.com It's free to join and they have good freerolls on Full Tilt and Poker Stars everyday.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing on PokerStars, most freerolls are so prohibitive to win enough consistantly to get you started. You may consider making a minimim deposit & start at $1.20 SNGs or 2NL to build a roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't, way too busto.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to Railbirds.com It's free to join and they have good freerolls on Full Tilt and Poker Stars everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:15 PM

Bodog has the best daily freerolls. They have a 1K one at 9:40 pm everyday and $500 ones daily at 2:40 pm and 4 am. Definitely the best value on the internet.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a member of Railbirds.com and there are some things the poster did not tell you that you need to know. The freerolls are password protected invites only. How do you get the password? By posting on the RB forum, writing a blog, posting photos and videos, etc.

The RB freerolls on PS and FT cover a variety of games and not just Hold'Em. There are freerolls for HORSE, 7 Stud, Pot Limit Omaha, Limit Omaha 8/b, etc. I have even seen a freeroll for 5 Card Draw!

I think the maximum number of players is 1800 and pay structure difers based on the site hosting the freeroll.

If you can win 40 cents, might be 20 cents, on PS, then you can start playing 2/4 limit hold'em (that is two cent/four cent). If you can build that up to a dollar, than you can start playing 1 cent/2 cent no limit.

One site I like for freerolls is Pitbull Poker. The field size is limited to 800, the prize pool is guaranteed to be $25, and first pays $7.50. You can do unlimited rebuys for twenty-five cents until the break, and one add-one during the break for another twenty-five cents.

Registration opens a quarter before the hour and the tournaments start on the half-hour. And they have more than just hold'em. At 1730, they offer limit hold'em; at 2130, they offer Pot Limit Omaha; at 0130, they offer 7 Card Stud. They also offer Omaha 8/b and 7 Card Stud 8/b, but I am unsure of the time. The rest of the time, the freerolls are no limit hold'em.

They also offer some real money rebuy and add-on tournaments with guaranteed prize pools. And they offer sit and gos.

There are some negatives with this site and the freerolls.

It is a small site so ring games can be hard to get in and there is not a wide variety of stakes available. And you can wait for quite a while for the table to fill up if you want to play a sit and go.

Even if you have racked up several thousand dollars in freeroll money, you cannot withdraw until you have deposited AND earned X number of player points.

The freerolls can take a long time. The Pot Limit Omaha is my favorite, it starts at 830pm my time, and there are some nights where I am still playing until almost 1:00am. Of course, that means I am at the final table.

In regards to the person who suggested the Bodog freerolls, I agree they are a good deal. Understand that these Bodog freerolls are rebuy, add-on freerolls or they were the last time I played them. I have not had Bodog on my computer since they had the domain name trouble.

I hope what I have said helps. See you on the (freeroll) felt.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:16 PM

Doc T --

Super informative post. It warmed the cockles of my cold black heart to see someone contributing such good info.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 PM

Thanks, I try. Due to finances (or lack thereof) and the difficulty of a US player to reliably fund a poker account, I have become something of an expert on freerolls.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:12 PM

Here's a site that lists them for most sites. Link.