Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2006, 01:52 AM

Default Torrents not allowed, but links to paid content for free OK?

In this thread, 2+2 mod Jurollo makes the following statements regarding the posting of backdoor links into ESPN's PPV coverage of the WSOP that allowed access to this PPV without paying the required fee. His statements regarding this are:

"Taking $20 from a multimillion dollar company generally wont be seen as immoral by the masses."

"the US government is trying to become morality police already, as a mod on 2+2 I dont need to go crazy about trying to enforce fringe morality issues."

"As I stated taking $20 from a multi million dollar company is much different morally then taking it from a friend or what not, which is likely why there was no intervention that night."

"I, personally, feel a lot different about ripping songs from a struggling indie band then I did about getting ESPN PPV for free."

"So there are varying degrees here and mods have no say in whether or not to enforce the torrent rule, this was a judgement call. I will say that I saw the threads, used them and at no time was going to delete them other then deleting repetitious ones. I wont make any excuse, I personally, saw no problem with these threads"

I think it is pretty f'in ridiculous for a site to have policies in place about the posting of links to copyrighted materials and punish users for posting such material, yet have mods endorsing forms of this behavior. Seems to me that any mod who does not feel he should delete such content really has no place being a mod at a forum that claims to be very serious about copyright violations and other such activities. In fact, given the nature of the statements above and 2+2's previous stance on torrents and other such things, seems like the most appropriate action would be for Jurollo to be banned. Jurollo obviously is very familiar with 2+2 policy and made a specific decision to allow that content to be promoted on the site, even though his role as mod involves deleting such content. Or maybe I am incorrect about 2+2's position on this issue.