Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

Nine.com............................

They said i had no $ balance, i had to send them screeenshots of my account to prove I had..
Old 10-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Awesome Druff thanks for your work in all this.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The lightning struck once with AP. It won't strike again. If there was a superuser, you can bet there isn't one anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given how AP has handled the situation so far how can you possibly say this? We just basically scratched the surface of the idiots who were so obvious that observers picked it up. Anyone with half a brain who has access to this kind of information is not going to be making those kind of mistakes again.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
As I've shouted before, the big problem is you won't be able to ever detect this kind of cheat without regulation.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, they added that like an hour ago, its just at the top [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm trying to have them keep it updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be kept in order, so as not to confuse new readers (and so as not to confuse me, who checked before I posted but missed it at the top).
Old 10-17-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no doubt that chip-dumping occurred on a massive scale. Chip-dumping is very much against AP rules, and obviously anyone engaging in it in such huge amounts is up to something no-good. It's not like it was a case of me dumping to another known player as a means to trade chips between sites. These were completely unknown accounts dumping to one another, and never being seen again. Surely AP could not be blamed for confiscating the money belonging to these chip-dumpers. Therefore, if the money from these accounts could be returned to those they won it from, on the basis that the accounts were closed for chip dumping, this would be a way that AP could legitimately return the money to the victims without admitting that a superuser account exists. Basically, they'd just be confiscating money from shady accounts (based upon the chip-dumping) and returning it to where it originally came from (instead of just keeping it on AP). Nobody has to admit to a superuser. Nobody has to admit that cheating went down. The affected parties will have their money back. There's no ideal solution to this mess, but I feel that this is probably the closest we can get to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this would actually satisfy people that much, but now that the AP managers have it in their heads, that's probably what they'll claim.

Dan,

That's a nice solution for the people who lost money, but I don't think it's going to work.

I can't see how there's not an outcome for that doesn't involve AP somehow "suffering" (for lack of a better word) for lying to the public for a month. I don't really see anything beyond a full admission that they [censored] up/got screwed as being a viable resolution.

The cat is jsut way too far out the bag for them to go back and blaim this all on chip dumbing. Doing that just fuels the "omg online poker is rigged" crowd.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The lightning struck once with AP. It won't strike again. If there was a superuser, you can bet there isn't one anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given how AP has handled the situation so far how can you possibly say this? We just basically scratched the surface of the idiots who were so obvious that observers picked it up. Anyone with half a brain who has access to this kind of information is not going to be making those kind of mistakes again.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
As I've shouted before, the big problem is you won't be able to ever detect this kind of cheat without regulation.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if someone makes 2 or 3 small mistakes an hour (trying to bluff kings off a hand or something) on purpose it is enough to go unnoticed as long as they don't chip dump. There is probably a thin line between the best limit player in the world like Hoss or Schneids and a superuser that makes a half a dozen mistakes an hour.

[ QUOTE ]
If they were to admit to the abuse of a superuser account -- especially by a former/current employee -- it would likely be picked up by the media everywhere. Major poker magazines would be all over it, blogs and internet news agencies (maybe even Drudge) would be all over it, and it might even make it onto the mainstream television and print news.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. Too late, me thinks.

Dan Druff,

While it's encouraging they're offering to refund the money it sounds like they're trying a "If-we-just-give-you-the-money-back-will-you-all-go-away remedy." Sounds like they still want to sweep it under the rug.

[ QUOTE ]
If we get every stolen dollar back, I vote we give them another chance.

[/ QUOTE ]
NAY

ETA: Goofyballer's post ~10 posts below here describes the only way trust in AP can be regained imo, and the only way I'd ever play on that site.
Closed Thread