Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (8/7) ($3,000 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
Was she actually dancing around and high-fiving Phil before you called, or did they edit it together to make it look that way? It sure came across like she was all but telling everyone she had aces.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you watch the episode you can clearly see her dancing and the highfiving and such while Richey's thinking about making a decision no flop is out yet. They are high fiving each other about how fast they both went all in. Really seems like no excuse to not notice any of this with your tournament life on the line.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What did everyone think of the way Shankar played that final hand? I thought it was pretty gross. I mean, how the hell do you stack off there with second pair? Am I way off here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Final table edited down to about 1 1/2 hours of air time and it took roughly 9 hours to complete. Plus these people may have played together for hours before the final table.

My point: Familiarity with a player and reads come into play. TV doesn't show that.

I was told by eventual 3rd place finisher that Shankar was (in his opinion) very solid and he (and others at the table) were rooting for him to get bounced in the 8-8 vs. K-9 vs. A-Q hand where he was all in.

He felt Shankar was one of the better (if not the best) players at the final table. He said this during one of the breaks even before the tourney finished.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

dunno why i didnt pay attention to her, my initial thought when she went all in was "yes!" when phil shoved it was "he has aces" i usually stick with my initial read and didnt bother to double check it v her.. sometimes kings come out too

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess can understand this...My only question is how could you NOT pay attention to Beth? I heard that shrill voice in my sleep last night, and I only watched the broadcast for an hour or so.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the earlier hand where she had AQ with mucho action in front of her...ended up being a 3-way all-in vs. KJ and 88 I think (somebody help me with the details please). Just going from the results of what they actually had it was a great call...but was it really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprised no one else mentioned this - I was UTG that hand w/ M of 3 so K9s push was automatic, but Shankar still had a decent size stack at that point, and took a huge chunk out of Beth's stack. She got extremely lucky to "only" be up against an underpair and two live cards (in retrospect, I also got really lucky to be more or less a 3-way coinflip to triple up...after the pushes behind me I figured I was crushed.) Facing an UTG push (albeit from a shorty), and an EP+2 re-shove from a medium stack, AQ is not playable IMHO. No way Shankar's making that move with AJ or less.

Shankar was very aggressive, very good, and a nice guy to boot. Same goes for Dustin, Ben, Brett, and Song (who i got a chance to play with later). In fact, whole FT was really friendly and had a lot of personality.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 AM

lol this AAAAKK hand is so hilarious
seriously this would be the easiest laydown. phil and this girl who looked like a hooker gave him such a strong tell (instcall from a guy who usually thinks a lot, retarded jumping by the hooker) and he didnt take it.
LOL DONAKEMNTS
Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya she apparently telegraphed it pretty bad, i dont think they edited it, but im only going from what ive heard.. i think stacks were like 160, 500, 505.. i remember i have 424k if i fold, 680k if i beat beth and lose to phil, 1.24 million or somewhere around there if i scoop..

dunno why i didnt pay attention to her, my initial thought when she went all in was "yes!" when phil shoved it was "he has aces" i usually stick with my initial read and didnt bother to double check it v her.. sometimes kings come out too

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop talking as if you even know how to calculate pot odds, let alone do simple addition. I played you on the party poker cruise and you didnt lay down t7 os to my four bet all in for 2k extra in a 10-20 game. You most probably would have called all in with your kings at the river if both helmuth and the chick had shown u their aces.

And LOL at you having to make the call with 74 os. Anyway people like me should be grateful for people like you because otherwise we wouldnt be so far to the right of Hernstein and Murray's bell curve.

So i am not going to flame you anymore.... donk
Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 PM

r u kidding me?....phil played pretty good..made great reads with k-q,calling that 10 high hand out with only q high board...also layed down 9-9 when he was killed against q,s...played very well i think
Old 08-08-2007, 12:23 PM

Geez, if you don't like her play...fine...but why the personal insults to this woman you don't even know? She is the mother of 5 and somebody's wife. She just took second in a huge live MTT which is a pretty good accomplishment. Sometimes I wonder about posts like the ones insulting her but then I remember...many of the poster's here voice hasn't cracked yet. Maybe try demonstrating a shred of maturity?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:36 PM

How in the heck does Phil Ivey do it? Again, he was the best player in the room without being at the table. Absolutely the best part of the show. By the way, ESPN, I know you let Phil H. rant because you think the people are fascinated by it. I'll admit it's entertaining for 1/2 a second, but beyond that, I'm fast-forwarding through it. He isn't as interesting as you think.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:43 PM

Beth Shak didn't look like a hooker in the least. wtf.