Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Regarding the Todd Brunson post

I wanted to post it here in order to make the other tread x-ferable without having to remove a bunch of mod posts.

I would like to think Todd has thick enough skin to handle it, and KNOW he certainly has the intelligence to understand that message boards will inevitably have some idiots. So I would keep and eye on the thread, but not move it. If it gets too stupid, I might lock it -- just as I would for any thread that targetted a specific poster. I mean Todd is a star and all -- we have to be real about that -- but we should not treat him like a special little snowflake.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Regarding the Todd Brunson post

Greg, I believe I remember reading a post by Todd specifically stating something along the lines of... one of the reasons he doesn't post more on 2+2 is because of silly posts made about him here!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:21 PM

Others may disagree, but I think we should be bending over backwards to keep people like Todd posting here. I'm referring to getting rid of crap like this, not allowing these top people to say and do whatever the hell they want. If they get out of line themselves that's obviously bad news.

I think it's good for the message boards as a whole and obviously 2+2 LLC (or whatever that's supposed to be) to keep these people around. They create good general discussion and obviously know what they're doing as far as strategy content goes (though they tend not to post much in strategy). For a forum like NVG, having them around make it much more interesting.

Jared
Old 02-15-2006, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg, I believe I remember reading a post by Todd specifically stating something along the lines of... one of the reasons he doesn't post more on 2+2 is because of silly posts made about him here!

[/ QUOTE ]
That's sad, but I'm not sure that means we should treat him all special. (Not to say that is what you are implying.)
Old 02-15-2006, 08:33 PM

I certainly understand yr position. I guess this all comes down to how much we are willing to crack down on the morons.

Perhaps there is a middle ground -- no ad hominem attacks or something and it applies to everyone. That seems reasonable. Post it in a sticky, and it's a one strike and you're out ban. Pretty draconian, but it might work.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:18 PM

I agree with Jared.
The famous players are going to be more likely to have pot-shots thrown at them...and the mods should be willing to crack down on this stuff more.

Annie duke made a couple brief appearances on 2+2...but she left shortly after all the, "I'd do her in the pooper" comments which I felt were incredibly offensive and inappropriate.

Yes, I think the famous players SHOULD be treated a bit more in the 'special' category.

Because guys like Todd Brunson and Greg Raymer and others are far more likely to have a moron-bandwagon try to get them riled up.

We can welcome the more-famous players AND have some really great discussions with them. But if it's not moderated then the idiots WILL win out and alter the course of the conversation to something really stupid.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:52 PM

MicroBob, you and Greg need to stop posting right after each other. The avatars confuse my puny little brain and I can't tell who said what.

I tend to agree with you. I think if a public poker figure chooses to post here, they should not be subjected to personal attacks. (Actually, I don't think vicious personal attacks are appropriate whether they post here or not). I would include appearance under personal attacks. Debating poker plays they may have made or books they may have written is, of course, under a different category.

The post that was moved here, though, is pretty mild. I'm indifferent to it. But I think this may be the one area where over-modding is better than under-modding.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:43 PM

I agree with the prevailing thought in this thread. There's a strong incentive to treat names like Todd Brunson with kid gloves. A double standard makes sense from a lot of perspectives. That's one of the reasons I moved the thread.

I'd love to get the Word of God here from Mason/Ed
Old 02-15-2006, 11:59 PM

would you believe I hadn't even noticed gregatron's avatar until you pointed it out?
Old 02-16-2006, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Annie duke made a couple brief appearances on 2+2...but she left shortly after all the, "I'd do her in the pooper" comments which I felt were incredibly offensive and inappropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sexual harrassment should be dealt with extremely harshly regardless of who the target is.

In general I don't see why a double-standard is required. Why should abuse be tolerated just because the victim isn't a star? Would the thread in question be more acceptable if it was about some newbie with 20 posts who makes minimum wage and plays 0.5/1 for pocket money?