Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 01:08 AM

Default diet log: nation

ok well here goes.

in high school i was a lean 170. i was dating 8's and 9's, and was all-state tennis. i ran 3 miles/day and was very fit.

after high school i became fat. i hadnt worked out at all in college and basically was going down a bad road. i fear i was on the fast path to becoming a degenerate. i was smoking cigs too much and was starting to let myself go both physically and morally (strip clubs, myspace whores, drinking, etc).

by january i got my act together. i had quit smoking in november, and was ready to become lean again. i weighed in at 260 jan 1 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

i began a strict calorie restrictive diet. i try to stick to around 1200/cals/day. i have not been able to always stay at that number, but i have been pretty focused. i have also had 2 cheat days to boost metabolism.

today, i weighed in at 231. this will be my log to track what i am eating. note that i have done little to no exercise during it all. my goals for this log will be to incorporate more steady lifting and pushups/situps every day, and also to record what i eat every day. i also want to find motivation to do cardio as i want to start playing league tennis again by this summer.

i hope you enjoy this. and no i'm not as confident as dids to post topless pics.

-nation
Old 03-14-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: diet log: nation

1200/cals/day at 260 lbs? That's pretty extreme and seems unhealthy. You must get tired a lot.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:15 AM

no, i feel good mostly. i feel like i have way more energy than i used to. when i quit eating grease and fried foods (i now eat almost no oil, just use pam spray) i felt the same way as when i quit smoking. i had intense headaches. i think oil is an addiction, and since i quit all that, i have had more energy even though i lowered my calories a ton. so it's definitely an upgrade.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:20 AM

nation,

What do you use to keep track of what you eat? Do you keep some sort of log or just keep it vague and in your head?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:23 AM

well, i don't eat out really anymore. i keep track of all the calories i eat when cooking and just remember them at the end of the day. this will be a place for me to actively write them down to make sure i don't fall off.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 AM

Keep it up. Quick FYI, Pam is in fact an oil. It's olive oil, and fairly healthy.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep it up. Quick FYI, Pam is in fact an oil. It's olive oil, and fairly healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know it's an oil, but it's zero calorie oil, thats my main objective. also i use very little of it.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know it's an oil, but it's zero calorie oil, thats my main objective. also i use very little of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not zero-calorie, however, as you said, in a spray form, you use very little of it. Don't worry though, it makes you feel good and you're losing weight. Truly, olive oil is fine for you.

link
Old 03-14-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think PAM is slight under .5 grams of fat per 1/3rd second spray (a serving) and over a gram a fat per second, but still a healthier choice.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:17 AM

cardio isn't the answer, your body will adapt quickly. Doing something with weights/cardio is - something like HIT to get you back on your feet, but the primary thing is diet. 1200 cal/day is not enough. Losing more than 2 lbs./week is probably an unhealthy amount to lose. That being said, when I went on a "diet" I lost more than 2lbs/week for a few weeks in the beginning. Tell us what you eat, that's the best place to start.