Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 10:28 AM

Default Card Rooms near Carlsbad?

We are moving to SoCal late spring. My wife would like to live in the Carlsbad area. I would like to live near some good card rooms. Wife will win, of course (yeah, yeah---beat......at least she doesn't mind if I play as often as I like). Other than north to LA, what's the room selection like near Carlsbad? How would you describe the overall action in the San Diego area? Thanks.....
Old 11-16-2006, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Card Rooms near Carlsbad?

I dont play in SD county much but your not too far from Pechanga which is a fairly large room, ther are other rooms there, Oceans 11(probably closest to you), Sycuan, Barona(both more inland of SD. Rooms are not going to be anything large by LA standards.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:56 AM

oceans 11 is in oceanside which is right next to carlsbad... could be 2mins from you... could be a half hour
Old 11-16-2006, 03:38 PM

Currently I live in Temecula (right next to Pechanga). Nice poker room. Super soft action. Can be a little slow in off-peak times (mid day, etc).

In 2 weeks I'll be living in Carlsbad (FINALLY!!!). Oceans 11. Good card room. Good food for cheap. The players seem to me to be a little better but the action is still good.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:54 PM

Thank you for your replies. I will search around and try to get some comparisons between the play in SoCal and Tunica (NL). I look forward to our move and playing in Ca., as I understand the games can be quite juicy!

Thanks again.......
Old 11-20-2006, 06:51 PM

Good thing about San Diego area is the players are among the worst you will ever play with. Bad thing is the rake is horrendous at most of these places.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:15 PM

North County is pretty nice. I hope you either dont have to work, work from home, or work close. If you end up working in SD, you're going to want to kill yourself with that commute.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oceans 11 is in oceanside which is right next to carlsbad... could be 2mins from you... could be a half hour

[/ QUOTE ]

O11 is right off the freeway in Oceanside. If you're anywhere close to the freeway in Carlsbad, it's 5 minutes. If you're at the East end of Carlsbad, it's more like 20.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good thing about San Diego area is the players are among the worst you will ever play with. Bad thing is the rake is horrendous at most of these places.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find Vegas tourists WAY worse than SD players at low limits. But yeah, they're bad. I'm riding the variance wave right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]