Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 02:17 AM

Default What kind of laptop should I get?

Here's what I need it to run simultaneously with no lag:

FTP/UB/Stars
PT auto-importing from all 3
A couple of web pages
IRC
AIM
Media Player
PAHud

I want to at least 4-6 table, 8-12 table preferably.

Under 1k would be nice too, but w/e fulfills the requirments.

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: What kind of laptop should I get?

bump. i want same
Old 09-29-2007, 06:09 PM

Panasonic Toughbook 74 Semi-Rugged Laptop Panasonic Toughbook 74 Semi-Rugged Laptop
The Toughbook 74 is a Semi Rugged laptop by Panasonic that is at the high-end of the semi-rugged category. It has a 13.3” daylight viewable display with touch screen, allowing you to work indoors as well as outdoors. Weighing 5.95 pounds, the Toughbook 74 semi rugged laptop comes standard with Intel’s newest Duo Core processor, 80GB Shock-Mounted Hard Drive, a battery that lasts up to 8 hours and a sturdy carry handle for easy portability. The Toughbook 74 semi rugged also comes with a full magnesium-alloy case, a shock-mounted and isolated hard drive, a cooling system incorporating an optimized heat pipe and remote heat exchanger, reinforced USB and PC Card connectors, port covers, and protective ribs on the case bottom to help protect the system from vibration and drop. More...
Prices starting at $2,899

The tough books IMO are great as the can take a bad beat pounding and the guts just seem to be better then others.
When you think poker laptop you need to think durable m8...trust me I have had to buy 3 now from dropping,throwing or punching.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:25 PM

Good lord. If you can't learn to not destroy your hardware when playing poker you need another [censored] hobby.

The laptop these guys want is called a desktop replacement and is going to be stupidly expensive in order to run all the crap OP wants to run at the same time.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good lord. If you can't learn to not destroy your hardware when playing poker you need another [censored] hobby.

The laptop these guys want is called a desktop replacement and is going to be stupidly expensive in order to run all the crap OP wants to run at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

and stupidly heavy.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:06 AM

Tired of playing with overlap on my current vaio (13.3" 1280x800) I'm looking for laptops with 17" WUXGA (=1920 x 1200) screen. Anyone here have one who could share their experiences? The ones I'm currently considering are macbook pro (w/ windows xp obviously) and vaio model VGN-AR51SU. I'm a little wary about the latter though because Taylor Caby cursed his 17" vaio (older model though) in his blog a couple months back. Any other high end stuff I should be looking at?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:49 PM

Ok seems like I don't have much of a choice in 17" laptops here in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Browsing through most of the computer malls here only 17" WUXGA I found is Toshiba's new Quosmio G40. Probably gonna go with this.

Oh and in my last post I got names mixed up. It was Brian Townsend's blog not Taylor Caby's.