Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

This post is about you. I am not a PUA and I am not particularly good with women, but I think you are wrong on just about every point.

If you are happy with the way things are going for you, then nobody is going to tell you that what you are doing is wrong. But your post clearly indicates that you are not happy because you are not able to meet the type of women that you are into.

What is wrong with trying to understand attraction? Women have been doing this forever when it comes to men. Most of them put a lot of effort into how they dress and groom themselves. They discuss relationships with their friends and talk about how to act on dates, etc. But if men do these things you consider it "doucchy" and you think it is more noble to do nothing and hope that the women on your dreams falls into you lap.

There is nothing wrong with wanting a women to like you for who you are, but you have to attract her first. Once she is attracted to you she will find out who you are. She isn't going to waste any time getting to know you if she isn't attracted to you and if she does get to know you without being attracted you end up as a friend. These PUA guys are just experts at getting women to be attracted to them (and some other things). What is wrong with that? if you are such a great guy, wouldn't you be doing women a favor by getting them attracted to you. You don't have to dress funny, go to clubs, and use pick lines to do this, but you do have to have something.

Your problem is that you think about everything only from your own perspective. Try thinking about it from the woman's perspective.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:43 PM

Maybe women don't like you because you can't get a job. Or something.

Either way, I said this in another thread once: PUAs are experts at picking up rape, incest, and abuse victims.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:45 PM

Sigh.

This isn't about me. I don't want this thread to be about me and my [censored]. I'm just using myself as a representative example of one of two basic perspectives on a debate.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:48 PM

your two perspectives are way too polarized.

maxpower made some good points.

also, most smart/cool women i know still like the guy to be in control of some aspects of 'the game' as you would likely put it. that way they are happy when you start to make concessions for them and give back.

i think you are all over the place and are patting yourself on the back too much for an argument that is not nearly as well thought out as you wish it was.

If all you want to do is get laid, then PUA stuff will help you, both in success rate and in willingness to endure churn.

If you want to have successful relationships most of the gimmicks and categories and techniques are worse than useless, but the self-image stuff about you, the guy, has some merit.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe women don't like you because you can't get a job. Or something.

Either way, I said this in another thread once: PUAs are experts at picking up rape, incest, and abuse victims.

[/ QUOTE ]

pussy is pussy to a pua
Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your two perspectives are way too polarized.

maxpower made some good points.

also, most smart/cool women i know still like the guy to be in control of some aspects of 'the game' as you would likely put it. that way they are happy when you start to make concessions for them and give back.

i think you are all over the place and are patting yourself on the back too much for an argument that is not nearly as well thought out as you wish it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

This argument ISN'T nearly as well thought out as I wish it was. I hope that getting it out there / talking about it will help me refine it.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

This isn't about me. I don't want this thread to be about me and my [censored]. I'm just using myself as a representative example of one of two basic perspectives on a debate.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) For not being about you there is an awful lot of information about you in it. I can write that off, but still.
2) What makes you think you are fit to be representative?
3) There are more than two perspectives. Are your personal biases possibly leading you to a black/white conclusion that doesn't exist?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If all you want to do is get laid, then PUA stuff will help you, both in success rate and in willingness to endure churn.

If you want to have successful relationships most of the gimmicks and categories and techniques are worse than useless, but the self-image stuff about you, the guy, has some merit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the most simple, elegant way to state all the immediate reasonable conclusions about PUA. You've always been very good about that sort of thing, just as I'm very bad at it. I think there's some value to digging further, though, which might come across more clearly if I had an editor.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 PM

I don't know what a PUA is.

I still tried to read the entire post.

I swear to God I have never been more confused in my life. I couldn't begin to explain anything I read, and I consider myself a fairly intelligent person.