Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 04:39 AM

Default 25NL AQs hand.. turn question

Villain is 23/10/2 over 600 hands.. basic bad tag. What do you do on the turn here.. I c-bet he called.. however I picked up a gutter/nut flush draw.. do you fire again in case he was floating with crap? Do you check raise and take the pot away from him even if he has a semi-legit hand?
Check call?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BTN: $33.85
SB: $25
BB: $19.1
Hero (UTG): $32.80
MP: $21.45
CO: $25.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.35, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.35, 3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.25</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($7.85, 2 players)
Hero ???
Old 03-21-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: 25NL AQs hand.. turn question

I check here, you raised UTG so I doubt he's floating you here most of the time. If he bets I call most reasonable bets.

On the river if I hit I shove it in, if the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw gets there I'd also seriously consider bluffing.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:02 AM

Standard would be to check, ala "the stronger your draw is the less likely you should be to semibluff" as you may be forced to fold if villain raises your turn bet. If he checks behind that's fine, and you can come over the top if he bets or just call depending on bet size/reads.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:23 AM

I agree with that.. but I hate giving some donkey with 89c or 77 a check here where he can bluff me or at least represent a hand when I check due to my OBVIOUS AK.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with that.. but I hate giving some donkey with 89c or 77 a check here where he can bluff me or at least represent a hand when I check due to my OBVIOUS AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think he's pretty much betting his entire range here (a basic tag shouldn't be) than c/r him out of his seat.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:46 AM

I don't agree with u there.. Tags always try to get cute with me for some reason.. FPS or thinking they can outplay me with their position. Stack a donk has become my fav line against them.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with u there.. Tags always try to get cute with me for some reason.. FPS or thinking they can outplay me with their position. Stack a donk has become my fav line against them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I presume there folding? So why not use it here.

Checking really doesn't have any disadvantages, if he bets and you raise he'll usually fold and if he checks behind its ok as well.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:37 AM

I'dd probably CRAI it. You're still bluffing at it, though with tons of outs prob, guess every A/Q/K/heart will be good most of the time.

I'dd either be happy with a freecard and bet at either flush cards as said, or scare the crap out of him by shoving it when he bets it, bad TAGgy thought he could take away the pot easily, guess what? ;-)
Old 03-21-2007, 04:05 PM

I agree.. haven't been using this play enough when I don't have a big hand.. I checked.. he bet like $4 I called... he had 55 and won btw LOL