Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: The Well: kkf

KingNeo,

If you remember, I didnt know it was him originally. I actually started playing $50/100 NL against some guy who was tilting and took about $100k off him in one night if you remember that. I think I took about $200K or more off Prahlad. I quit him, actually because after winning a very quick $400K playing $50/100 NL, I lost about $70K and I couldnt stomach it anymore so I just stopped.

I cant imagine playing $300/600 NL, but if I was in Medical School or Law School and knew I had paychecks waiting for me later on in life, then I would be more willing.

Card,

Toughest opponent, there were several Sweeden guys who would play HU on Prima at all stakes that were super hard and whose name I dont remember. Gift of Gab was seriously the toughest player I went against. He was really good at hand reading and controlling the tempo. So was Green Plastic.

Req,

Yeah, sometimes I am afraid Ill get bored, but I have a hard time looking ahead and tend to live in the moment. I have enough $ saved and very low living expenses, so hopefully I can find something else down the road if poker fails.

Card,

Memorable hand is misclicking against SR preflop with 52s type hand, check raising the flop, betting the turn, and i think betting the river to bluff him out of the pot.

Card,

yes, it wasnt good.

FF,
to name a few: apocolypse now, good fellas, old boy, roger dodger, the lover, wong kar wai, francois ozon, scorcese, kubrick.

books: i like Hesse, Camus, Hemingway, Kessey, Poe, Vernon God Little, The Quiet American, Virgin Suicides, Shakespeare.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're White??? I can't be the only one who thought you were supposed to be a nerdy looking asian guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Especially after I visited his personal website a while back.

Every time I play and I'm on the button, I can hear KKF's imaginary fobbish advice, "you're the bouncer of a club. raise it up." Or "Raise pre-flop, then bet flop where you would take down most of the time and get a nice profit."

Side note: I'm a fobbish asian nerdy kid, but don't [censored] w/ me Sharky [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2007, 04:22 PM

Crim,

Sam is a huge winner, how can i say he is not a good poker player? My challenge to him initially was before he started playing HU. Given his style, I felt like I could have outplayed him.

I havent voted yet, but will vote Dem now in hopes of gaming getting legalized. I really dislike politics.

There have been several posts on here where i think people are wrong, specifically in Sam's threads and some other threads where it seems like the hands are being analyzed backwards and not forwards.

I was pretty shocked that the US gov was able to pass those laws. I also thought it was just posturing for the christian republicans. I cant believe how little support the UK gov has given the gaming industry. Online poker will still have a future in Europe though. I really dont see any chance of it spreading to Asia.

MDMA,

I made a million, but IRS took care of that.

Dali,

Heh, I really didnt figure out how to beat $3/6 NL. I will say that at higher stakes, one of my passions is finding guys who fold to much and preceding to bluff the crap out of them. Although, that seems easier in full ring.

"Do you "support" the local "female workers" at all there?"
No.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
old boy

[/ QUOTE ]

nice - this is one of my top ten as well - since no one ever talks about it i just assume no one's seen it.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There have been several posts on here where i think people are wrong, specifically in Sam's threads and some other threads where it seems like the hands are being analyzed backwards and not forwards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you elaborate?
Old 01-25-2007, 04:32 PM

I thought Sympathy for Mr. Vengence and Lady Vengence were also really good. Kim Ki Duk is another Korean directer putting out great stuff.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

People getting too fancy and results orientated.

There was another thread where I vaguely recall some of the details. I had AQ and someone overbet into me on an Ace high rainbow board, and there was a general opinion that it was an easy call which I disagreed with.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just lost my bankroll on party poker, so I will have to grind out the low stakes, which sucks because Party $25/50 is pretty juicy right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you clarify? I'm assuming you meant you lost it on a bad run at the tables? Also, living in Thailand, couldn't you just provide a Thai address and set up a non-US account?

I also would like to know the history behind your banned nicks. I'm sorry if you included that in your original post, I will have to go back and read that a bit later.

Thnx,

dB
Old 01-25-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

People getting too fancy and results orientated.

There was another thread where I vaguely recall some of the details. I had AQ and someone overbet into me on an Ace high rainbow board, and there was a general opinion that it was an easy call which I disagreed with.

[/ QUOTE ]

KKF,

Please put the questions you're responding to in quote marks. It'll make this whole thing go easier
Old 01-25-2007, 05:11 PM

If you could live the last 3 years again, what would you do differently?