Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

Toolbox,

I know you hate this thread. However, deliberately trolling in order to get it locked is not going to work. I'm just going to start deleting your posts if you keep it up. Oh, and I might start to use the "B" word even though I know it doesn't bother you.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I go thru 1/2 2/4 and 3/6 to find the best games as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also would prefer to play just 1 level but the table selection at 2/4 isn't always the best. I've started adding FTP to the mix to help with that, but so far it seems like the differences between Stars 2/4 and Tilt 2/4 might be > the difference between Stars 1/2 & Stars 2/4?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr Body sir, can you elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only played a few session's on Tilt so far so I may be wrong, but so far it appears that the play is LAGgier at Tilt than Stars. I just checked and atm there are 4/13 NL400 full tables at Stars with VPIP > 20%. At Tilt there are 10/10 > 20%.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:10 PM

I have gone through phases of thinking stars or tilt is easier, but having now played a few hundred k hands on each, I think they play more or less the same.

What was your perspective Body Man? I play 0/5/1 1/2 so may be different.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:12 PM

Billzfan86 of the stagnant NL100 regs is probably one of the best.

Tenven, If you are reading this, stop picking fights w/ regulars and start going to showdowns more vs the donks. (Hit me up, Ill elaborate)

Davidm36, a lot of players have a lot of trouble with him. Because he is very agressive vs other agressive players. It's smart becuase other TAGs are not used to being 3bet a lot or having thier 3bets called a lot and they make big postflop mistakes against this player.

A think an important line needs to be drawn here and things need to be said. A lot of regulars being discussed are WINNING PLAYERS, i know its hard to stomach, but yes they win and they win at a decent clip. Just because they play worse then you, or play differently, doesn't mean they aren't printing those $$$'s. So I think its important to mind our tone when criticizing and ripping into players.

I meant for this thread to be a discussion about regular players and these games, not just a hate bashing worse regulars then yourself thread.

For example, On empty in the october graphs thread, posted from pretty impressive WR and graph from NL100, yet, most people consdier him to be a ABC nit, however, maybe its important that we analyze what players like him do to allow him to win at such a great clip and maybe try and put that into our own games. (JUST AN EXAMPLE)

Thats what this thread should be about, discussion about players and ourselves that are regulars at our levels, that will help us improve our own games. Whether it be from picking up on a ferw things they do that sets them apart from other ABC players, or maybe a few spots that some of the winning regulars avoid, that some of us need to learn.

This should be used a learning utility not a place to bash people and make yourself feel better, so keep it civil and even if you ahve somethign bad to say about another player try and make it seem less harsh and stem some discussion from it.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:16 PM

Not to troll or anything ryan but.... my opinion is that you shouldnt try and learn a thing from a single stagnant nl100 player. They are all not very good at all. I say this as someone who is playing 100nl and include myself as a not very good player =).
Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM

Variance:

Amazinmets73 is a real-life friend of mine and I got him into poker.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just moved up to NL50. Thoughts on some of the regulars:

jhart1358
Jonny_Moxon
pdk01
KillingAce
KiWiKaKi
AlexanderT
KingzRGut

[/ QUOTE ]

I just moved up there myself, so i dont know a lot of them. I played some hands with Alexandert, and he seems like an idiot, or maybe he was just tilting or something. Anway he called an all in (140 bb) with 44 on a 36AK board. There was a raise preflop. Iwas holden AK.

On the other hand KinzRGut seems like a good player to me. He isnt very predictable prelop or postflop, and i dont like to tangle with him.

I haven't played much with the rest of them.

I almost forgot: BertBrutez seems to be around a lot too. Seems to be a decent player as well. Tough to read and hard to extract money from.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:27 PM

Tenven: spewy, 3 bets regulars too much, look to trap him (preferably with check raise) with big hands and draws but never 3 bet with air

Lol, and come to think i thought I was a total nitty Mc. nittyson. I really don't think i'm getting in there vs regs too much. We had that one hand were u were obv stealing from the cutoff and i 3 bet u, other than that i can go through my database and show u the other times i've been in there with the "goods".

As far as regs go:
upay
billzfan
onempty
xaponent

off the top of my head the latter 2 play a [censored] and i have to give on empty props for being a machine and having a spectacular month. As for the other regs i'll come back and list some more.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:46 PM

hey guys,

\How many hands will I need at nl100 to get 65k vpp? I'm trying to see if its worth it to reach supernova.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys,

\How many hands will I need at nl100 to get 65k vpp? I'm trying to see if its worth it to reach supernova.

[/ QUOTE ]

Around 150-160k hands roughly.