Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Acevader = superfish.

Ok, so on the back of these two threads...

How do you respond to active 3-bettors
A visual representation of fGators dollars

....I decided enough was enough. No longer would I sit playing my usual 19/16, please let me win showdowns or I'll make a loss today poker. No. Today I was going to play the players, boards and situations more. It's time for some sLAG poker, it's time for real poker.

And so we have the first hand that I play differently from my normal game.

Villain is Ipray2god and is 21/18 - look at how he owns me. How does he get this read? I would NEVER have raised here without two pair or a combo draw except for today and as I was making the raise I had to keep shouting to myself, 'don't be a nit, don't be a nit he'd have bet any hand he can call on the flop.'

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $22
CO: $40.20
BTN: $131.45
SB: $189.85
Hero (BB): $100

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.50</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($7.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $15</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $52.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $127.95 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $44 and is All-In

River: ($200.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $200.50 Pot ($3 Rake)
BTN showed J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and WON $197.50 (+$97.50 NET)
Hero showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Ace King high) and LOST (-$100 NET)

Next we have Gonne, a 16/11 3-betting my UTG raise with 77. The preflop call I make on a normal day with these stacks but I'm fitting or folding. I figure if he doesn't have an ace a float will work well here. LOL at how he owns me.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

MP: $40.35
CO: $95
BTN: $96.30
SB: $21.70
BB: $153.05
Hero (UTG): $195.65

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, 4 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $10.50

Flop: ($28.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $23.20</font>, Hero calls $23.20

Turn: ($74.90) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $115.85 and is All-In</font>

Results: $174.90 Pot ($3 Rake)
BB mucked and WON $171.90 (+$84.70 NET)

Here I'm owned by a 33/24. Again, I fold this preflop normally and if I didn't I never mess around on this flop. My bottom hurt after the bumming he gave it. I even bet weak on the turn like I put him on a weak kicker ace and wanted to take him to value town with a better hand.

SB: $100
BB: $119.95
UTG: $37.65
MP: $38.70
CO: $150.70
Hero (BTN): $132.10

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $11</font>, Hero calls $7.50

Flop: ($22.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $14</font>, Hero calls $14

Turn: ($50.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $28</font>, BB calls $28

River: ($106.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $66.95 and is All-In</font>

Results: $106.50 Pot ($3 Rake)
BB mucked and WON $103.50 (+$50.50 NET)

This villain is JimmytheHat19 and he also put things inside me. LOL, to save face I told him I had AQ and put him specifically on QJ. I actually figured him to have picked up a draw when he donked the turn thus my raise. Normally I'd just bin and move on but that would be nitty right?

Jimmy's stats are 25/19

UTG: $105.10
MP: $17.50
CO: $174.50
Hero (BTN): $387.80
SB: $99.85
BB: $43.15

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, SB calls $3, BB folds

Flop: ($8) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>, SB calls $5.50

Turn: ($19) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $12</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $40</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $90.85 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $99 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB mucked and WON $96 (+$47 NET)

Here I make a tool of myself again against an unknown. Normally I fold this preflop and if I didn't I don't mess around on the flop with zero outs as back up if called. No stats, villain was tight and solid.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

UTG: $103.95
CO: $105
Hero (BTN): $104.60
SB: $57.30
BB: $129.50

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $4, 2 folds

Flop: ($9.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $6.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22</font>, UTG calls $15.50

Turn: ($53.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($53.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Results: $53.50 Pot ($2.65 Rake)
UTG showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Threes) and WON $50.85 (+$24.85 NET)
Hero showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Threes) and LOST (-$26 NET)

This next hand I super-suck out. Here I'm 3-bet again by a button raiser that looks like he's squeezing. I'm no nit now though. Pah, raise in your face. Oh, [censored] you've gone all in and now I have to call like a tool because of my equity. Villain is Berkshireblaze and 24/20 (sorry if you are on here man)

BTN: $100
SB: $62.75
BB: $99.50
Hero (UTG): $100
MP: $101.50
CO: $20.50

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, MP folds, CO calls $3.50, <font color="red">BTN raises to $15.50</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $45</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $100 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $55 and is All-In

Flop: ($205) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($205) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($205) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $205 Pot ($3 Rake)
BTN showed K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Tens) and LOST (-$100 NET)
Hero showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON $202 (+$102 NET)

Ironically after all this I think it helped me get paid a little because I finished the session well up. But I feel totally crap! I look through my big winning hands from today and its some nice text book stuff but in every case I showdown the better hand. You look through my big losers (above, and pretty much in order) and it's me trying not to be a nit and getting schooled to hell.

What am I doing wrong? How did the villains in the hands above read me so well? What do us 19/16 nits need to do to improve and win more money without showdowns.

All I want is a nice green-line in PokerEV. I don't care if I have to take the worst of it in showdowns but I'm sick of relying on showing down the best hand to make money at poker.

:cry:
Old 10-12-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Acevader = superfish.

IMo some of these hands are just bad. Get back to basics here, play more solid. There's no value in some of the plays made above
Old 10-12-2007, 12:51 PM

IPray2God is really aggro, he c/rai the river today on an 3-flush, 3-straight board with middle pair. So hand #1 doesn't surprise me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I agree with you that you're not getting much respect playing nitty, but I think that 'representing' a hand still doesn't work at 100nl.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:56 PM

whoa dude.

i think you need to just chill out for a sec. yeah dealing with relentless 3bettors is a pain in the ass but theres a way to go about dealing with them that makes sense and is logical. u seem to be thinking "[censored] these bastards, I have to try and outplay these guys on every flop regardless of board texture or whatever." Its just not a good strategy.

it seems like youre just not adjusting to villains assumed ranges very well. like the 2nd hand, you open utg and get 3bet by the bb - this is totally different that opening in the co/btn and gettin 3bet by the bb. this is a premium hand like 90% of the time, since you're both semideep I really don't mind the pf call but just dump it on the flop. you're slaughtered here.

hand 3 - QJo is just a terrible hand to be calling a 3bet with. It makes a lot of crap pairs that are easy to get attached to but are often dominated. the ace on the flop is a terrible card, just let it go.

hand 4 - what are u doin??

hand 5 - utg raiser + ace high flop = bad idea to try and bluff

hand 6 - no comment on the hand but its awesome that u sucked out on berkshireblaze
Old 10-12-2007, 01:05 PM

I know, I know, I know! But what hands can I call a 3-bet with? Seriously? What boards can I c/r bluff on with total air? I just seem to get it wrong every single time.

Also in hand 6 I've seen soooooooooooooooooo many people with berkshireblaze's stats and style squeezing here. Is berk' a 2+2er?

I've been playing 'basics' fine of late and I'm making a little money but I just can't get into the 4-6ptbb/100 range. Quite simply I lose too much in non-showdown hands and can't make enough of it back in showdowns no matter skilled I am at getting value, etc.

I could probably play a 19/16 grinder style at 1ptbb/100 over 4-8 tables with my eyes closed but I want/need to be a solid winning player.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:07 PM

these hands look really bad. like mad aggression gone loose...
Old 10-12-2007, 01:08 PM

First hands not that bad.

Second hand's sort of meh. Id rather the flop be like A36 but even then theres really not many aces you can have since most likely youre 4betting AK and maybe calling AQss and AJss.

The third hands okay i guess.

In the A7s hand most people wont donk the turn and fold to a raise in my experience.

As for the others I dont really like them that much.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IPray2God is really aggro, he c/rai the river today on an 3-flush, 3-straight board with middle pair. So hand #1 doesn't surprise me

[/ QUOTE ]

He said that I had even more than he expected.
I just don't know how he got that read. Normally on that board I'd only ever have 88, 33, KJs (rarely), KQo/s, AJs(rarely) as I 3-bet all other hands. I bet the turn with all of those given the action, I raise 3-bet most of them for value since villains check the flop line suggests he's got a draw since giving free cards with top set on this board is pretty stupid. Basically what I'm getting at is if this hand was played this morning before my 'no more nit play pledge' he'd be beat on this turn 90% of the time and 5% of the remaining 10 he'd face precisely Qd10d. This was early in the session so I just don't know how he got such a amazing read.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:10 PM

I think with more experience trying these things you'll figure out the good spots, there obviously a learning curve and stuff to start getting pretty aggro.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

these hands look really bad. like mad aggression gone loose...

[/ QUOTE ]

Please educate me? If these aren't the spots to play back....what are? I just don't know how to steal medium sized pots from people. If I try floating they nearly always be the turn. If I try a bluff raise or bluff-c/r they nearly always call. I actually think I'd have more successs closing my eyes and making the moves completely blind to my own hand and the board.