Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: NL50 - 2 hands, how did I do?

first hand. I really don't think I can get away from QQ on that board I think a lot of times we will see AT or KT. I will call and eval the turn.

The second hand I will cbet here 100% of the time. I don't like how you checked and then called a bet on the turn hoping to hit your flush or overs. If you c/bet the flop and he calls he will check the turn and you can check behind getting a free look at the card that makes your flush.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cbet hand 2 every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

K, point taken...say I C-bet Hand 2 for 75%-100% of the pot.

Toss to a C/R, call a turn bet if a club or A or K falls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold to a CR; probably call a turn bet if he donks out and a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A or K falls, maybe raise. Stack sizes play a crucial role.

Edit: Didn't see it was 100bb. I'd call a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] that didn't pair the board and raise an A or K.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first hand. I really don't think I can get away from QQ on that board I think a lot of times we will see AT or KT. I will call and eval the turn.

The second hand I will cbet here 100% of the time. I don't like how you checked and then called a bet on the turn hoping to hit your flush or overs. If you c/bet the flop and he calls he will check the turn and you can check behind getting a free look at the card that makes your flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is saying he checks the turn...I don't get how you can auto assume that my aggression will stifle his aggression, I call the turn getting roughly 6/15 to hit a flush or overs..I am fairly certain he has a pair or better here.

I have just seen AK overplayed so many times, that I am pretty much trying to cut my losses with C-bets to a minimum..if I had open raised and been called, I C-Bet all day...maybe I am mistaken but I am not giong to try to pick up this pot with air and possibly face a C/R or inflate it to a point where I donk off with TPTK on the turn if I catch.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:20 PM

Just to illustrate the c-bet logic:

The pot is $100. You c-bet $100 into it. If he check-raises you 10% of the time, you let go of your hand.

90% of the time you're up $100 (+90)
10% of the time you're down $100 (-10)

Your EV for the action is $80. You can't leave this money on the table. It becomes unprofitable if, 50% of the time, he check-raises you / hits his set / had KK the whole time.

But no villain does that 50% of the time. You might be more afraid of a check-call, and then he leads on the turn, or you're getting stacked with TPTK, etc, but try playing the hand without the information you get from c-betting. Not only is it hugely beneficial on its own, it helps you plan the rest of the hand.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to illustrate the c-bet logic:

The pot is $100. You c-bet $100 into it. If he check-raises you 10% of the time, you let go of your hand.

90% of the time you're up $100 (+90)
10% of the time you're down $100 (-10)

Your EV for the action is $80. You can't leave this money on the table. It becomes unprofitable if, 50% of the time, he check-raises you / hits his set / had KK the whole time.

But no villain does that 50% of the time. You might be more afraid of a check-call, and then he leads on the turn, or you're getting stacked with TPTK, etc, but try playing the hand without the information you get from c-betting. Not only is it hugely beneficial on its own, it helps you plan the rest of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good logic...I agree 100%, point taken for the C-bet...good thing I runner runnered the nuts against his flopped set of 8's [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 02:48 PM

Reraise more preflop in the 2nd hand.
Checking this flop is fine a certain percentage of the time.
There very, very rarely an automatic cbet in a 3-bet pot.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reraise more preflop in the 2nd hand.
Checking this flop is fine a certain percentage of the time.
There very, very rarely an automatic cbet in a 3-bet pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you....first one on my side. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 03:15 PM

nuts = Jc9c.